SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  The Motherf%*#ing BOMB!
Page 2 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The Motherf%*#ing BOMB!

slob-air
Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63462 Location: S&B HQ
The best part is it's not twisty like many carbon fiber decks are. So lite too.

When I have to send some shipments out later this week I'll weigh the entire rig.

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 13 Sep 2005 Posts: 11580 Location: Cloud cuckoo land
There is a Porsche garage here, that looks like a surgery room. The "mechanics" wear white overalls and are masters or engineers. They must have been gynecologist and work through the exhaust, in their former life, or something like that. Otherwise i don't have an idea how they do it.

We are far away that a skateboard could be so complex, that you have to give it for an inspektion, maybe fixing bushings or angle of trucks, to a garage. And this inspektion would cost you the same money as a real good common complete skateboard on the market for the masses.

Overpriced? Ha! There is no limit how high it could get! Aslong people buy them, they will be made and will get better, more better! Untill you can't top it anymore! That is the power of Generation X. Throwing money, doing everything we can to get, what we think its worth for ourselfs, while others think "what we might like to buy" (which get advertised, marketing etc) gets mocked to death. And this is a rare forum which is full of Generation X! The don't understandable Generation!

A Nice setup Slob! Hope you are using F1 electric blankets for the wheels, so they have the right grip for a ride!

Shit, must be my anal german genes i would always find something to be more precise,hm.. yes we are far away...

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:16 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Is there really a benefit of lightweight in downhill? I always thought that heavier, having more potential mass, worked better.

I understand lighter weight for slalom and vert/street.... but downhill?

I love my new Kebbek Revenger, it's a tank, but that seems to add to the stability.

BTW-
Is Carbon Fiber feaseable to do at home in your garage? I was thinking of doing it, I have a old Fibreflex slalom deck that I want to stiffen and fix the dings... I've seen the supplies and stuff online- do I need a press or anything? How hard is it to do for a beginner? I've done some fiberglassing back in the 70's..... is it that much morre difficult? Would it be the same quality as the stuff I buy already CF'd?
slob-air
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Carbon fibre is expensive and difficult to work with. Not really feasible unless you know what you're doing or are insanely rich that it doesn't matter.

A light board is easier to maneuver and way nice to carry when walking back up the hill.

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:52 pm Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:

A light board is easier................... to carry when walking back up the hill.

Duh...... I didn't think of that.

Yeah, the Do-It-Yourself websites make it look pretty easy- a lot of them geared (so to speak) to car guys, "how to wrap your Honda mirror in Carbon Fiber" kinda stuff. They make it look easy.

But maybe it's easier here in the USA- I mean, working with "Carbon Fiber", as opposed to "Carbon Fibre" that you use up there in Canada, eh?
slob-air
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:07 pm Reply with quote
I know where you work, don't make me visit.

Both fiber and fibre are acceptable.

The whole rig weighs 3.1 kilos. That's about 6.834 lbs.

Anyone can wrap carbon fiber, but to do it well and correctly is another thing. But more importantly, one needs to design it in a way that it doesn't get twisty.

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Wow I would have guessed 3.25 lbs. Weird the trucks are only 1 lb each and that deck is like a feather.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
slob-air
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Urethane wheels and bushings, hardware, lexan plates and bearings, boy, they weigh a lot. The trucks and deck are uber lite.

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Duh, totally forgot about wheels
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
DUBS
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quote
What are you using the Lexan for? Risers?

Page 2 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next