SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  building a longboard...ideas?
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

building a longboard...ideas?

SkateRags
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
The damn old man SA scene has been fractured unfortunately. When that whole pool thing happened a lot of guys left B1 and a SA forum was started. Things started to get a little hot there as well and that board got shut down. I lucky for me I guess have remained neutral and still talk to both sides. The two sides I am part of. SA has a pretty big skte scene I dont want to sound like I know everyone.
A lot of it has to do with the fact that I have been so busy my skating has been solo or with my son. I try and stay out of the arguments and not talk shit about anyone. Its all about fun to me.

Im gonna try and hook him up with Devin and Louis, seems like the ditch and garage guys would be more his style.
atxJIMatx
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:14 am Reply with quote
80's will work just fine with some wheel cutouts. I have decks I have run up to 92mm without a riser, just a shock pad, and no wheel bite at all... Although I will say that there a plenty of really good 76mm wheels out there
Let me suggest, if you are making a deck that big to hook up some "turnier" trucks than 215s. Try some Randal 180's. They ride a little higher and the reverse kingpin design tends to give you a little tighter turning radius.

If you can press some concave into it, it will stiffen the board up some. Camber usually goes hand in hand with flex. Not sure how to really describe it other than that it will make a somewhat flexy board feel more lively than soggy and saggy. Camber + Concave will kinda do a combo of the 2
valdimar
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:24 am Reply with quote
SkateRags wrote:
The damn old man SA scene has been fractured unfortunately. When that whole pool thing happened a lot of guys left B1 and a SA forum was started. Things started to get a little hot there as well and that board got shut down. I lucky for me I guess have remained neutral and still talk to both sides. The two sides I am part of. SA has a pretty big skte scene I dont want to sound like I know everyone.

what exactly happened??

Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:25 am Reply with quote
I built a couple decks today and yesterday but I dunno if they are functional?

they are solid Oak n Maple n Royal Oak wtever that is flooring glued together and then Shaped and run thru the plainer and then sanded to shape about a half inch thick and 4 and 5 ft'rs in different shapes
all scraps my friend had sitting around the shop

I am working on a Bamboo and Maple one tomarrow

I will post pics I may just use em on the wall they sure are pretty lookin though

Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:35 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
valdimar wrote:
SkateRags wrote:

what exactly happened??

Ill pm ya on that....dont really want to air dirty laundry

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2