SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  Chaput's new FreeRide wheels
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Chaput's new FreeRide wheels

MMS
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:55 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 03 Jul 2003 Posts: 15098 Location: Heaven or Hell...kinda hard to tell.
I rode the Greens recently. I liked them a lot. Fast, quiet, smooth, held on confindently. More good urethane from Chaput.

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:08 pm Reply with quote
longman wrote:
I "lol" at people that say "lol" Free riding is downhill skateboarding for fun and not for shaving seconds off your run down the hill.
What do you think it means?

The free rides are made of nice urethane but the sectornine version of this wheel has a smoother sliding urethane and its wider contact patch also makes it transition nicer in my experience.

what?
that's what i thought it was, but i was very rudely told that i was wrong.

something about how slopestyle is "competitive" freeride, but since i don't race DH and am from michigan, i don't "get it" and probably never will.

but that's a whole different argument.
longman
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote
It can be argued that free ride is really what ever the @#%* you want it to be.

Although the term free ride stems from Skiing, Snowboarding and mountain biking down hill.
Just having fun, going big if you want, bust some tricks if you want, or just ride.
I personally like to do downhill with a bunch of abratrary speedchecks and big stand up corners that would slow me down in a race even though they take more skill.
Maybe ride switch. Loaded doesn't consider downhilling to be free ride, they consider free ride to be downhill freestyle on longboards. It does fit the bill kinda but its really always leaned towards the way you would freeride snowboard.
Xgecko
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:19 pm Reply with quote
The thing that I laugh about is that excluding the the Thane (which is nice) these are really no different than "longboarding wheels" from 5-10 years ago before everyone embraced Slalom wheels for everything. not to say that I don't like them I do. I have a set of Fishballs and a set of lime Freerides but I find the Noschools to be just as fun

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2