SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  Am I getting a good deal?
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Am I getting a good deal?

twistedted
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:49 am Reply with quote
Ok we have gotten decks made in the past for around $15.00 100count. Through some hook-ups we now are getting $12.00 100count! Is this a good deal or is there cheaper manufacturers out there? The decks that are being made are the older hammer head style and the double dips. Any input would help thanks!
Lincolnz
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:24 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Depends. Who are doing them, and how solid they are.

I used a company that was charging me $12 a deck, and they were SHIT!

If it is from a place called ASF (American Skate Factory) stay far, far away. They are shit, and the guy is a crook!

They may be going by ASF distribution.

Just be careful, a cheep deck, is sometimes just that. Ask for a sample first.

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:00 am Reply with quote
Good advice Lincolnz,
Its not though them but I will keep that in mind! The deck quality seems to be good our friend gets his decks made though these guys though I forgot the name of the manufacturer. When I find the paper work or when I remember i will post!
Soul merchant
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote
You usually get what you pay for, You try to skimp to save a couple bucks you end up with 100 shite boards so how much did you save

watch the freight they give you a good price on the decks and pad the shipping

My 2 cents

Better to deal with a reputable wood company so your product has consistancy
Jigzaw Sequence
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 02 Dec 2008 Posts: 280 Location: southern california
the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of
low prices are forgotten.
Prip8
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quote
twistedted wrote:
Ok we have gotten decks made in the past for around $15.00 100count. Through some hook-ups we now are getting $12.00 100count! Is this a good deal or is there cheaper manufacturers out there? The decks that are being made are the older hammer head style and the double dips. Any input would help thanks!

OK! Don't listen to these dipshitz! I have been getting my boards from ASF for over 2 years. It is by far the stiffest wood around. I've never had a board returned for any reason. They use the best American Maple veneers all cold pressed. I have been to the factory and the owner will bring you there if you are ever in San Diego. Everything is state of the art. I wouldn't waste my money on the other soggy bunk wood thats being put out there. Call them up. they will send you a sample to see for yourself. Trust me, these bone heads are smokin too much weed.
vaskateboards
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Electric Wizard
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Good 1st post.

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I feel the need to set the record straight on ASF. Lincoln not only sports a cute hat but has a valid point i'm sure- and this is coming from the manager of ASF. I feel i need to explain who i am and what ASF is today not when you tried to order. Just protecting my company like a mother bear The following isn't a ego boost in anyway- you skull and
cross boners need the facts on us not a emotional but understandable statement from lincoln. Your not dealing with some knuckleheads at ASF, your dealing with skateboarders who happen to know this business better than most .After that go with who ever the hell you want, be my guest and go somewhere else- you aint hurting my feelings.

Bruce "Rodzilla" Rodela's/ ASF Distribution mini life resume

- I've been skating since 1975. From San Leandro ca and was fortunate enough to roll with Tim Marting (inventor of the backside rock and roll) and the other alot o flex dudes. great way to start shit off for a 8 year old kid from the barrio.
- was a local at both ride on skatepark in Newark and Skatepark victoria in Milpitas
- rolled over the Mowry ave overpass at 9 yrs old looked down and saw Blackhart testing the first prototype Indy's while Fausto and Swenson looked on. Got drunk in a park the other day with Blackhart while he tried to fuck some roller girls. check my blog for some visual fun - http://www.vertsmile.com/Vertical_Smi...al_Smile_BBQ.html
- was there when the only thing to skate was derby red curbs and joe lopes ramp. never stopped, not one of the old dudes that came back after Hawk made the 900.
- worked as freelance photographer for Slap, Thrasher, Strength, Heckler and most importantly Concussion
- most importantly (as far as my business training) worked for Keith Cochrane and Fausto at Think (street corner) for 6 years. Learned everything possible about every aspect of this industry from those dudes. Fucking legends! learned what to take and who to tell to fuck off.
-left Think in a blaze of glory and fucked around with other large companies vowing when i found the "right position" i was going to turn it into the best thing available
- met up with ASF 2 years ago , figured out the problems and the advantages of the company and went to work
- still live and bleed skateboarding like i was 15 years old

We originally had other companies sell our stuff for us- middle men so to speak. ASF had shady ass reps that didn't know what being a real rep was about. The owner who you may or may not have legitimate beef with- you probably do, was trying to do individual sales himself while running the factory and suppling other so called board manufacturers- i can't blame him but it was too big of a job for anyone. He pissed a lot of people off but things like this happen in any new growing business, it's the past and you know what i don't really give a shit about who was right or wrong from back then- i know what we do now. I have the owners back 100% and actually think the dude is a bad ass. he had to do what he could and let the rest fall where it did. Maybe not you but we all make mistakes.

if you haven't figured it out i was hired to make ASF a powerhouse in OEM.

the facts are facts- the ASF of today only uses American wood from Wisconsin- the stuff that the top board brands use. The best glue too and we are cold pressed. We have more shapes and concaves to offer than anyone including some new molds for up to 19 inch wheelbases. I hired the best reps that i could find who by the way all skate. We have the best customer service in the OEM business and we know what you want to skate. if we fuck up we fix it and our non fuck up ratio is on point these days. Call me right now 925-361-8796 or email me at [email protected]. I'll send you a free sample today. I gots no shame in my game and will put my boards where my big mouth is.

Again, i don't blame you for being pissed. I would have freaked the fuck out too if i dealt with us in the past but it is what it is. I am also not saying since i have been on I haven't pissed anyone off- we have tripled our sales and sometimes shit happens and you just have to write some accounts off- but there are only 2 instances i can think of and they were non skating corporate straight kooks. I can say with complete confidence that we are the best deal in OEM - no one can beat our price to quality ratio, no one. Not trying to dis anyone else just stating facts.

our delam/warp/ break ratio is the best in the business by the way

so whatever, by the looks of your photo we probably would have a better time skating, smoking a bowl and having a beer. We probably know a lot of the same people and enjoy skating the same shit. I can't
make the past all snuggly and warm but i can change today ( i saw that on a bumber sticker the other day). you seem like a solid dude and this isn't a attack on you

thanks for that nice post by the shop saying our stuff is tops. i know who you are and am sending you a hooker for the nice words move back to Sacto, the surf and skate bowl is sick

everyone else check my new company going on sale Monday - seems like some of you guys might dig it.
http://www.vertsmile.com/Vertical_Smi...elcome_To_VS.html
myspace.com/vertsmile

anyone else that's in Northern California this weekend go to the Concussion/ Peacock premiere tonight at Benders 806 S. Van Ness 2 19th street. "Straight to the bottom" and "cancer dust"

looking to get out of the heat? we'll be skating Potrero in the morning and Pacifica in the afternoon. seems like the coolest spots around. come see what goes down on ASF wood, I dare ya.
slob-air
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Prip8 wrote:

OK! Don't listen to these dipshitz!

My friend Linc ain't no dipshit.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next