SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  The Motherf%*#ing BOMB!
Page 3 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The Motherf%*#ing BOMB!

slob-air
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:33 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Yup.

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:12 am Reply with quote
I see the Savant rucks are now available for purchase on the Sayshun site. But, they have been renamed Plasma trucks. They look awesome. They also have a sweet guarantee. Good on those guys at Sayshun, they are putting out some quality product.
slob-air
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:23 am Reply with quote
Yes! They're are now called Plasma Precision and carry a warranty no other truck does.

You'll be able to buy them on the site soon. www.sayshun.com

And they aren't exaggerating about these being the highest quality trucks ever made—fully cnc'd to the tightest tolerances.

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:22 pm Reply with quote
trucks look nice are they the above mentioned $500 trucks? I could not find a price on the website

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:29 pm Reply with quote
gogomouse1 wrote:
Is there really a benefit of lightweight in downhill? I always thought that heavier, having more potential mass, worked better.

I understand lighter weight for slalom and vert/street.... but downhill?

I love my new Kebbek Revenger, it's a tank, but that seems to add to the stability.

BTW-
Is Carbon Fiber feaseable to do at home in your garage? I was thinking of doing it, I have a old Fibreflex slalom deck that I want to stiffen and fix the dings... I've seen the supplies and stuff online- do I need a press or anything? How hard is it to do for a beginner? I've done some fiberglassing back in the 70's..... is it that much morre difficult? Would it be the same quality as the stuff I buy already CF'd?

You can do wet carbon layups in your own garage, it's basically the same as fiberglass except you use carbon instead of fiberglass mat. If you were using pre-preg carbon you'd then need an autoclave, but a wet layup would be best for a beginner. It's pretty self explanatory, and if you have fiberglass experience I'd say go for it. Trust me on this, I go to college for composites, and I spend most of my time building race car monocoques and other parts out of carbon fiber. If you were to build a deck entirely out of carbon in your garage though you'd definitely want to do a fair amount of research on core materials and carbon weights before attempting it though, but it is possible.

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:59 pm Reply with quote
OldSchoolKid wrote:

You can do wet carbon layups in your own garage...

I've seen that kind of work in home garages and its usually shit. I know board maker thats been using CF for years now and it still looks like shit compared to the Sayshun—Sayshun's CF guy is a master.

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:05 am Reply with quote
I see on their site they only sell 70mm wheels and your running 71mm i think? How come such small wheels on a dh set-up?

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:22 am Reply with quote
71mm is not a small wheel. But its an ideal wheel for very technical courses—and in the case of the Alligators they're fast as fuck with great grip and good sliding characteristics.

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quote
I was kinda thinking since it is steeper up there in general that a bigger wheel might be to fast for some things. I dont live in the mountains so we dont have switchbacks and such.

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:26 pm Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:
OldSchoolKid wrote:

You can do wet carbon layups in your own garage...

I've seen that kind of work in home garages and its usually shit. I know board maker thats been using CF for years now and it still looks like shit compared to the Sayshun—Sayshun's CF guy is a master.

That's where technique comes in! Plus getting creative with a vacuum system for bagging. If you take your time, eliminate bridging/folds in the bag, and make everything else pretty, you can produce a quality carbon deck in your garage. Almost sounds like your trying to turn the guy away from trying...

Page 3 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next