SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  If you like rails...
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

If you like rails...

throttle_ninja
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:36 am Reply with quote
theGONZfather wrote:
throttle_ninja wrote:
i hope snowboarding comes out of this slump of gayness soon. maybe we can market baseless bindings to those cats.

& what exactly is that? Rails & baggy clothes?

Well, the baggy clothes I could do without.

What does baseless binders have to do with it?

& I would imagine teezed hair & neon colors would be considered more "gay".

I LOVE powder, rails & jumps. Is that gay?

I think slalom & boardercross is gay. So is hard boot wearing fruits.

hey if you want to bring back the "big pants small wheels" era of snowboarding. more power to ya i guess you missed the kookyness the first time around.

since ive raced quite a few boardercrosses i must be gay. i knew i should have been hiking a handrail in the parking lot with the cool kids doh!

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:50 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
throttle_ninja wrote:
hey if you want to bring back the "big pants small wheels" era of snowboarding. more power to ya i guess you missed the kookyness the first time around.

since ive raced quite a few boardercrosses i must be gay. i knew i should have been hiking a handrail in the parking lot with the cool kids doh!

theGONZfather wrote:

Well, the baggy clothes I could do without.

Again, I enjoy jibbing. Not so much the "YO". I have to admit I have been guilty of it though.

& I've raced slalom, GS & boardercross. We all did.

But now, I enjoy slopestyle. Rails & kickers. Powder is awesome too.

& finally, I am guilty of hiking a rail in a parking lot too...

But I did get a switch front down like 30 cheese graters. & it wasn't because it was the "cool" thing to do. It is what is is. Sessioning with your bros.

You may go to YouTube to view the video by clicking below...
YouTube Video

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quote
i think the EXCESSIVE baggy style has broken out to "rebell" against the new super tight pants that skatin cursed snowboard style with.

i wear baggy but not a frikkin dress!! err t shirt? dress? t shirt??

whaaat???

even tom penny wouldnt go THAT baggy & thats sayin something.

really though..... i cant stand current snowboardin era its all gone a bit mental.. hopefully it will mellow out again..

rails are ok but its got obsessive.

i prefer nice medium kickers & riding the natural hits all over the place, cruising around ect..
theGONZfather
Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:47 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Honestly, I could care less if you rode in a baggy or tight trash bag.

I just don't understand the "that isn't snowboarding" part of snowboarding.

People don't look at skaters hitting rails & say, "Skatings about rolling around, not jumping onto some rail."

Its ALL riding. All of it.

& just like everybody has an opinion of what they like/dislike, we all have our preferences. You don't like rails? COOL! Less traffic is always good! For me, I like hitting big jumps & rails. & I'll take a powder day over park any day of the week!

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:09 pm Reply with quote
i ve been in chamonix first part of my life , and as someone know i was pro at the first age of freestyle snowboard in france , in some team like burton, lib, joyride, lamar, westbeach, airwalk, blackflys...
we had this period with all the stuff comming from damien sanders, bert lamar, graig kelly, (R.I.P) and all is influence , who was massive for me and my personal motivation to go at 1m high like him
then arrived in france this dude from canada and this massive baggy style, in 91 in think , with all this board (joyride, lamar, lib...) he was looking for a team and had the great idea to set up the team in chamonix he became my sponsor , and he gived a big kick in the late 80s style , and bring to us this sk8 county style in the snowboard world .
i remember my first pant and jacket from westbeach was massiveeeeeee, i will try to post some pics , and other stuff like twist clothes from joyride was just kick ass !!!! pure unique style , it was fun and fresh like it was in skateboard and surf, i still have many of those clothes and no one beleive me when i say i was wearing them, i really like them much more than the recent stuff , of course because all the souvenir behind , but also because its a big part of my snowboard cultur here .

and throttle its like you say its like you say natas , vallely , or all the ones from the same period was gay , like the ND kids with all their massive pants . its part of our history , i dont see anything gay in that .

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Hehe. I remember the West Beach gumby style pants. I've still got my old Wave Rave bibs from around 92.

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:21 am Reply with quote
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wave rave , what a classic

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2