SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKATEBOARD/PARK ADVOCACY  »  Michigan park just needs $$$ - www.skatemilford.com
Page 1 of 1    

Michigan park just needs $$$ - www.skatemilford.com

auragreg
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:05 am Reply with quote
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Posts: 2382 Location: Highland, Michigan, USA, Earth
I've been working with a group - The Friends of Milford Skate Park - for about 5 years trying to get a park in Milford, Michigan.

We actually have the local government (parks and rec, township etc.) behind us, and are VERY close to having a location nailed down and probably donated.

So all we need now is $$ for the build...

We're looking to build a very "natural" type park. One that doesn't even look like a park. We actually came up with the idea years ago before these types of parks started to take off ... see the new "Safe Spots" concept by Dyrdek or P-Rods new park. Something pleasing to experience ... not just white concrete.

We need to raise a chunk of money to match a grant that the township and village will be applying for the beginning of next year. The more we raise, the better our chance to get the grant.

So anyway - I guess I'm just trying to get the word out there to anyone who would like to help us out to build an amazing park for the skaters (old and young) here in Michigan. We're looking for ANYTHING ... money, donations, ideas???

thanks
Greg

Support skateboard art/artists: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BurbSkateboards
toilettowncom
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quote
good luck.

you are lucky to live in michigan, they have so many sick cement parks there.. lansing, mason, etc..

in NJ all we have is prefab shit

facebook.com/wizardskull <-- Tee's & Art on Facebook
auragreg
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:04 am Reply with quote
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Posts: 2382 Location: Highland, Michigan, USA, Earth
"lucky to live in michigan"

ha - havent heard that in a long time with the economy and all the car company crap going on.

We do have a pretty good run of parks going, but now it's tough to raise funds with so many out of work.

Support skateboard art/artists: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BurbSkateboards

Page 1 of 1