SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  Little better questions about where to start....
Page 1 of 1    

Little better questions about where to start....

Nervous
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Feb 2003 Posts: 2841 Location: a room with a view
Alright, I've read the forum and a few catalouges and have a few more questions that may or may not be valid... here goes..

1) What is the best fabric to use to screen print on boards?

2) What is the importance of the mesh count? (might be the wrong term).

3) Whats the importance of getting the screen stretched?

4) If I built the frame that Donald20 supplied the plans for on AOS how do I go about stretching the screen and applying it to the frame? (no screen printing supply stores any where near me).

5) Whats the best brand of ink? Im thinking through reading the other posts that Nadzir is probably the best.

6) Whats a good all-around ink? (light to dark woods, stained and not stained).

7) Whats the best durometer squeegee blade for printing on decks?

Wheres another good place to get catalouges beside Dick Blick?

Thanks in advance for any info or help that you can give me... I hope in a year or two I can start returning the favor to other newbies.

[ This Message was edited by: Nervous on 2003-08-04 23:53 ]
ohio
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:03 am Reply with quote
lately i have been skating with the guy who prints pennswood decks, he is super cool and let me in on a few. the way he is doing it is he is printing the bottom face ply before it is pressed so all he is using is a flat screen. then he sends or drops off all the bottom plys at penns wood and they press the boards. Pretty cool, he is using the 2700 water based ink with a lot of extender base so that it wont dry in the screen thats what he told me and i believe him on that one. mabey you guys should think about going that route. o one other thing some of the ply dont come flat to print on so you have to put them in a heat press like the ones you use to mount photos. all in all the only draw back from this method is that you cant print on fully painted decks,since they are painted after the board is cut and routed. If you have looked at the alien workshop or habitat boards lately alot are all painted white but the graphics on the bottom are a good distance from the edge so this makes it alot easier to print with a curved screen.
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Nervous, you can get the Nazdar catalog for free on their site. They had it (The catalog) to my house in less than 36 hours.

Here is the link = http://www.nazdar.com/

[ This Message was edited by: CH3NO2JAY on 2003-09-04 19:48 ]

Page 1 of 1