SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Curious: Who has the top selling board?
Page 3 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Curious: Who has the top selling board?

SkateRags
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:19 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
That was funny as hell
coco4bradl3y
Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:38 am Reply with quote
Quote:

On 2003-09-26 02:58, dogtown86 wrote:
yeah...its called lack of knowledge, which your full of. you obviously aren't aware of the skate icon behind the co. stick to your little popsicle sticks until your ready to step up & be a real man. get with the program. knowledge is key!

Yeah....stick to the popsicle sticks til you're too old and busted up to do a kickflip or even ollie, then buy a longboard to keep the dream alive on and blame all the people with popsicle sticks for "ruining skateboarding". Or...practice this thing that you "old schoolers" speak of called "brotherhood" and love all skaters. I'm 30 and i "love me some popsicle sticks". Skating is skating. (Sorry, i like to poor fuel on the flames) I've never even heard of BDS but my Grandmother knows Tony Hawk and Bam.
xrudox
Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:00 pm Reply with quote
top seller has gotta be the black label hendrix decks...errr!

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm telling ya, I had a bunch of those eariler this year and I couldnt give them away. Now everyone wants one! They did have a great concave and nose, so did the grosso signature series.
Howard
Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:42 pm Reply with quote
WO, what have I entered into,boy the shit flys around here, Ok, first the question was who's deck is the best selling if I get the question right. Since the pandora's box has been opened to the corporate world it's all about distribution to all of the mass merchants, of which none of us are. Just look at what is on the shelves and my guess would be Tony Hawk hands down. With that said I'm one of the few survivors of this trend as my shop has been around since April 26th 1976 and we carry over 250 different decks and Tony doesn't sell well with us. Years ago I decided to brand ourselves to counter this trend and today we sell over 1400 of our own decks yearly not to mention our own line of clothing. So there you go the best part is that I still love coming to work so I quess that's why I don't spit on others or maybe it's the vibe of where I live just blocks from the Burnside Project, Laters and I think I'll stick to hot discussions as the heat is turned up a little to high in this room, Howard

www.calsk8.com 1-800-647-5283
big.kahuna.burger
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:01 am Reply with quote
Joined: 19 Jan 2002 Posts: 15613 Location: Melbs dude... Melbs
Quote:

On 2003-09-26 02:58, dogtown86 wrote:
yeah...its called lack of knowledge, which your full of. you obviously aren't aware of the skate icon behind the co. stick to your little popsicle sticks until your ready to step up & be a real man. get with the program. knowledge is key!

hmmmm. interesting perspective... handled in an extremely stupid way. actually, its not even an interesting perspective. its a bullshit perspective. handled in a very stupid way. dogtown86. youre a moron.

Gmonkey...
outside the US where jackass isnt on TV and bam ISNT king, id have to say i dont agree with you on the bam call. id be tipping tony hawk, globally. he is to skating what tiger woods is to golf, or michael jordan to basketball. so outside of the US where tony hawk IS skateboarding, yeah, id have to tip him as the top selling skater globally.
The Green Monkey
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:35 am Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
Kahuna--How refreshing! A well thought-out and well reasoned opinion.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you're absolutely right.

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:47 pm Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: G-ram on 2003-11-14 20:50 ]
SkateRags
Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I dont know if I agree about the Bam vs Hawk. Bam now has in addition signature deck and shoe, a truck and bearing deal. You have to be pretty huge to get a signature bearing. Has that even happened before.
I am sure it has to be global. A company has to drop a lot of cash to market that stuff I dont know if it would be worth the time to just do North America.
dabucker
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:32 pm Reply with quote
According to the transworld skateboarding business spring 2003 USA retailer survey Nationwide deck sales are dominated by Element.

Regionally the southwest is led by zero, northwest by flip, north central by zero, south central by element, northeast by element, and southeast by element.

Also, 35% of deck sales dominated by pro model decks, logo/team 25%, shop decks 18% and blank/non-graphic decks 16%

most popular width is 7.5"

I believe the intial question was regarding people's specific pro-model sales. That I do not know however, with zero bringing up second in popularity. And Jaime Thomas having a stronger front in Zero than anyone has over Element, I'd say Jaime
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Page 3 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next