SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  TATTOOS  »  no more wedding ring for me...
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

no more wedding ring for me...

PAWN
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:17 am Reply with quote
because it's tattooed on!

got this last night. My wife likes it, so do I. It's not just for traditional style tattooing, it does actually have meaning (none of my others really have any significance other than I just like them.) We went sailing for our honeymoon and spent every night out at anchor.

www.fine-co.com buy some shit!
The Green Monkey
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:00 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
Next time you need to stop or slow down after bombing one of the bridges, I expect to see you dragging your left hand.

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:23 am Reply with quote
cool idea, my and my wife are going to get them done too...I have some ready to go but the tattooest didn't want to do it, too much detail, said it would look like shit....have to find another tattooest
PAWN
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:29 am Reply with quote
yeah tgm, go go gadget anchor!

PAWN
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:32 am Reply with quote
TAOS wrote:
cool idea, my and my wife are going to get them done too...I have some ready to go but the tattooest didn't want to do it, too much detail, said it would look like shit....have to find another tattooest
since you're in ft. lauderdale there is the Kreepy Tiki tattoo shop I've heard some good things about. I got mine at Ocho Placas on Calle Ocho here in Miami. A knuckle tattoo is a pretty simple thing and if an artist can't handle it they should be tattooing, so you should be pretty safe with any known shop. I didn't really look into my artist very much other than just making sure they have been doing it for longer than a year (mine has been tattoing for 9 years). I usually go to Philly for my tattoos because my good buddy Shane Munce does them and does amazing work...but I couldn't make it up there this year so I had to find someone in Miami.

falba70
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:10 am Reply with quote
thats cool..ive got the date we were married on my ring finger..

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:17 am Reply with quote
TAOS wrote:

Just MY humble input. It may not be that the artist can't handle it. It may be that with the fine detail, the artist knows that in time, it will all become a blur? I was VERY fortunate that when I started collecting ink, I stumbled upon a couple VERY talented (and experienced) artists. I agrued with one over the size of a piece I wanted done. He kept going larger and I wanted smaller. He finally said, "That's as small as I will go!" I thought him pretty arogant! I trusted his judgement and am glad I did. I take care of my ink but people have a hard time believing that some of it is as old as it is. No matter how good the work is, it will "bleed" over time. REAL FINE detail may look good for a while but with time, will get blurry. The better the artist, the longer it will hold up. Just food for thought.

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quote
cute, make it last!

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip Pawn!

Skate Fink wrote:

Just MY humble input. It may not be that the artist can't handle it. It may be that with the fine detail, the artist knows that in time, it will all become a blur? I was VERY fortunate that when I started collecting ink, I stumbled upon a couple VERY talented (and experienced) artists. I agrued with one over the size of a piece I wanted done. He kept going larger and I wanted smaller. He finally said, "That's as small as I will go!" I thought him pretty arogant! I trusted his judgement and am glad I did. I take care of my ink but people have a hard time believing that some of it is as old as it is. No matter how good the work is, it will "bleed" over time. REAL FINE detail may look good for a while but with time, will get blurry. The better the artist, the longer it will hold up. Just food for thought.

I agree, I have learned to listen to a trusted artist
Sticks
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Feb 2003 Posts: 10327 Location: Raytown Travel Agency
Skate Fink has some good points...many super-experienced "legendary" tattooers won't do fingers in many cases, because either:

1) The dude has like two other tattoos, and none on visible places like hands, neck, or these days even arms. These people in particular very often come back to get it covered/fucked with/etc or call back to find a "removal" place a few years later.

2) Customer expectations. Good lasting detailed work on fingers is just not possible due to the thickness of the skin and the inevitable exposure to sun. Some people understand this and others will not (even if they say they do).

3) Kooks. This is the overriding rule. If a motherfucker mentions Tommy Lee or Pam Anderson, their fingers are NOT getting done.

All this being said, your anchor will be fine. Looks to be solidly outlined to keep the colors from fading, and not too detailed or small. It won't last as well as your other stuff, but who fuckin cares! Too many people are too concerned with how their shit gonna look "when they're old".

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next