SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  Looking to work with some skateboard artists.
Page 1 of 1    

Looking to work with some skateboard artists.

ZoomBoard
Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Ok, it's freezing up here in Canada so I'm stuck here with nothing better to do than think up an idea. I sketched one out on a skateboard and shared it with two different business-friends for some feedback. They both came back with investment money. (Since I was only looking for their feedback, I thought that was actually pretty cool.)

Then I had to contact a Kentucky manufacturer's sales rep to develop the idea a bit further. After some back and forth with him, the company's owner called me. He said he was a Queens graduate - as though that somehow mattered - and then said he'd been reviewing the e-mails I'd been sharing with his company's sales rep. We reviewed my numbers and concept (I guess to see if I was for real), and then he presented an offer to let the company manufacture a portion of the item's concept and offer it in their own catalogue - for which I would get a royalty. That was cool, too. Maybe he figured I'm more than just a winter-bored Canuck with nothing better to do.

Anyway, there's a few more months of winter to go and I'm still working on prototypes and marketing tools for the item I have in mind.

I'm posting in this forum because I am now looking to work with four or five kick-ass skateboard manufacturers or skateboard artists to work with on this thing. Anyone feeling adventurous? Post a link to your store or your work and hit me up.

We can work out the details off the forum. No point in asking about the item in the forum. I'm not at that stage, but I'll discuss it in private.
Sticks
Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Feb 2003 Posts: 10327 Location: Raytown Travel Agency
May want to hit up member "toilettowncom".

He usually will hook up free artwork, even if you still haven't decided between his and others' artwork.
ZoomBoard
Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply, Sticks. Checked out Alex's work. The Mark Nicholson board is ripping.

I should note to the forum members that I'm not looking for freebies. There should and will be renumeration for the designers/artists. I'm a designer myself and get sick and tired of people expecting my work for free, so it's only fair that the artists get something for their work. But I don't want to work out the details with them in a public forum. That's just an invite for all kinds of unintentionally unproductive posts.
dragnusa
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:43 pm Reply with quote
what kind of artwork you looking for ?

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:53 am Reply with quote
word. my room mate is a tattooer in baltimore, and i write graffiti, i do most of my own logo's he designed the first board. we collab alot. and could probably send a non photoshopped version of anything you want for a reasonable price. we just aren't good on that end. ya dig. the website for my company will be up soon. but imagine alot of skulls and traditional tatty stuff. also i do alot pysch art shit.

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Interested. Just sent you a private message.

Page 1 of 1