SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  Nuts and Bolts
Page 1 of 1    

Nuts and Bolts

dawzilla
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:48 am Reply with quote
Know this question has come up a few times before, and has been sort of killed to an extent due to the "non-profitability" arguement made here of other big manufacturers doing it on a bigger scale etc...

All these things aren't an issue for me to be fair, I'd quite like to do hardware from another angle, selling them ideally alot cheaper so kids here in shropshire (uk) can get a good price on the little things.

I understand that the hardware used often has a nyloc bolt, most kids here prefer an allen key head (due to most having a tool or access to one). I'm just not clued up to the sizes of these bolts n nuts used in skateboards.

Could anyone advise?

My plan is to spend my crapshit budget (can only afford one colour) and support third foot skateboards over here in the UK, make simple and black on white (or light colour) t-shirts and try and produce stickers and do mug wraps and finally do bolt hardware at a good price (that i hope will undercut somewhat the fixed price here £4-5).

We already eat alot of potatoes me n the gf so im used to being poor haha!
mosu101
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:19 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
dont do it.

if skaters want cheap nuts and bolts they eventually find a hardware store and buy a box of a hundred roofing bolts and a hundred lock nuts. (thats what they are called in Ozzistan) cost me about $20 Aust dollars once every year or 2.

If your business is based on selling bolts and nuts cheaply then the scale of economics means you will have to move serious volumes of stock before you make a quid.

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:06 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply, It genuinely isn't to make money, more to try and save others a bit, I have a small skate shop and could re-bag some I buy at a trade price, but I have come across some garbage and thought why not try to make a quid trying to buy something good in bulk and try to save others a quid while (admittedly only making a beer at best) trying to put it in my ventures.

I have had quite a bit of support over the last two years, I'm not rich off this, it's hobby business through necessity really (all our skate shops here have long gone, maybe because they were in it for something - something I knew wouldn't happen, unless that something came from effort). Over the last two years I have helped our local skaters get paid for workshops from our local council, helped run events (to which we have gained materials for a street course we can use - weather permitting!), am actively involved in fighting for a decent concrete park, have held a workshop last week (where we are getting all the kids through a charity called find your talent skate decks through ideck) and the list goes on. Thought it could be cool to try and do the little things (thinking risers like the "industrial" brand next) to go along my ventures in t-shirts and shop boards.

Any replies are appreciated (except shit talk hahaha) however so thanks!

Page 1 of 1