SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKATEBOARD VIDEO TRADING  »  Powell Peralts Videos Wanted
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Powell Peralts Videos Wanted

woody2001
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 01 Oct 2001 Posts: 266 Location: Garbage Grove, Oregon
Hi,
I would like to get copies of all of the powell peralta videos. I have the original Animal Chin but need the rest.
I own a skate shop so I can trade for just about anything. Or I can pay for shipping and tape fees, let me know if you can swing me a deal.

Thanks
Jason
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tumapablo
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 5:36 am Reply with quote
Jason: hello I am Pablo from Argentina and I have two videos of powell peralta 1:public domain 2:propaganda. and I need your animal chin video

greetings and I wait for your answer

Pablo
omisos
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:04 am Reply with quote
you can order every powell video in existence directly from skateone if you have a shop, and it wouldn't cost too much.
Powell Peralta Collector
Posted: Thu May 09, 2002 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Well, you can't order Axe Rated or that Attack vid that Stacy did... Not to mention the original BB video that was made prior to BB1...
merle720
Posted: Thu May 09, 2002 5:38 pm Reply with quote
P&P collector, do you have a copy of axe rated? I want a copy.
Later,,,merle
Powell Peralta Collector
Posted: Fri May 10, 2002 2:42 am Reply with quote
A copy of Axe Rated cost $90 on ebay. Then, to get an original involved a serious trade of similarly rare uncommon items...

I know a lot of people want that video. I'm just not sure how to make that happen... As much as I'd like to just give everyone stuff, I've got to figure out how to be more realistic about it...

Maybe I'll make myself a copy and sell the original, then someone can do whatever they want with it... It just seems crazy to pay a couple hundred bucks for a video to begin with, but then to just give away free copies sounds even more.

Anyone have a perspective on this?
omisos
Posted: Fri May 10, 2002 2:25 pm Reply with quote
dude, we're all friends here, no need to be making money on a dubbed 15 minute video..
that's just being greedy..
if i had it, i'd make a copy for everyone who wanted it and charge them the cost of videotape, shipping and maybe a little bit for the time it takes to press the necessary buttons.
but, that's just my opinion...
UKskater
Posted: Fri May 10, 2002 4:39 pm Reply with quote
I think I have Axe rated. A few years ago I got a tape with about 7 80s videos on it. Good quality although most are incomplete. The first is a powell Peralta which must be axe rated or future primative because those are the only powell vids I dont own and havent seen.
HA / the time is 11:55...I have an original attack, Dont watch it it might cause a seizure.

Anyone got an info on axe rated or primative to help me identify this video??
Powell Peralta Collector
Posted: Sat May 11, 2002 12:06 am Reply with quote
Yeah, that's my whole thing. I'm not in it for the money, but why wasn't there someone willing to give me a copy of it? Why did it sell on ebay for $90... I had to trade a very rare Gonz artifact to get the original... Like I said, I might make myself a copy and sell the original, and forget about the whole thing. I just don't have the time to make copies of videos.

As far as the difference between Future Primitive and Axe Rated... Future Primitive features Lance Mountain skating all around town in the first few minutes and it's definitely a classic "lame" 80's vid...don't get me wrong I love it, but if you showed it to anyone under 21, they'd ROFL...

Axe Rated is structured like an infomertial, with a 50's style chick showing off products, then there is some skating, then back to the chick, and so on...

The other thing that sucks is that the copy I have of it and other vids have really bad quality. (the original one I have is perfect quality...for the price, right?) Seems like it's hard to make a good VHS copy...I've seen some "professional" ones that are hardly professional quality...

Just some more talk...what do you guys think?
UKskater
Posted: Sat May 11, 2002 5:40 am Reply with quote
I can understand your reluctance to give something away for free that you had to pay $90 for, but making copies doesnt do any harm to it. The 'true hardcores' will only want the original anyway! I ONLY OWN O.G is the credo we live buy.
I used to copy alot of videos and had no problems with quality. I plugged a camcorder in to the back of a TV with built in vcr and it made perfect copies. Thats the beauty of collecting videos as opposed to decks; if you copy them its free!
I think I have axe rated but theres only about 10mins of it... what year did it come out?

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next