SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  DIY Screenprinting Press Instructions
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

DIY Screenprinting Press Instructions

TCBSK8
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 23 May 2003 Posts: 1211 Location: Tupelo, Mississippi
I've been working in the Screenprinting & Graphic Design biz for about 8 years, but I've always been workin' for the man and using their shit. Now that I'm doing the Skateshop / Booking full-time now, I can't swing the hours to keep a part-time printing job up, i.e. I lose my access to cheap printing.

I'm wondering if yall have access to any diagrams, directions, or other info on building a one-color or a four-color press?

Anyone that's ever worked with one can see that it aint rocket science - some boards, a couple clamps and a spring-loaded hinge. Before I go at it with the sack of random Home Depot stuff and a drill, lemme know if yall have any info, aiiight? Thanks.

ugsb
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:18 am Reply with quote
are you looking for something to do decks or shirts??
mr black
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:59 pm Reply with quote
The best way to go about it is to build it yourself . I bought a 4 color press that was a piece of shit from this dude from the internet , well our company {not me } i was warily of this dude . anyway give us a shout ,on this site and i will give you a help out ,
TCBSK8
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm planning to screen shirts, stickers and poster-size prints on cardstock for shows. I'd love to do a few decks, but that's not my main goal right now. I pretty much just wanna be pullin' squeegees again.
Like I said above, I've been a professional screenprinter for years, so paying someone to do the shirts for my skateshop, booking company, and local bands, etc. just doesn't make much sense to me.

Mr. Black - what sorta help are you offering? Check your PM's.

Anybody else out there? Come on, OG S&B'ers! Help a brother out!
Lard
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I ain't no O.G
but I might be able to help.
Here is the best advice I can give if you want to do multi colour designs buy one.
It dosent sound like you have the tools.
I have built a few and am just designing the print mutherfucker 2003 I need to tell you now it aint as easy as it looks. I fell for this trap initially and am certain that for the wastage and time spent I could have brought two. If you want to keep costs down look at developing your screens and taking them to the printer to print that way the wastage is his. If you are still Keen on building a press email me and ill send you something. I have the plans for a Kickass machine that you could simplify Maybe.
How much you want to spend?
Nick
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:33 pm Reply with quote
http://skullandbonesskateboards.com/f...=7069&forum=18&21 That has pictures and stuff od a homade setup.

I am interested in what Lard has. I would like to see those plans, I bet they are pretty good. I would like to see the "print motherfucker 2003".
ugsb
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:28 pm Reply with quote
i have a four color harco table top printer i'm looking to sell. it is pretty basic, but it served me well for 5 years until i got my new machine. i'd like to get about $150 out of it, and shipping would probally be alot but if your interested i can post some pics of it later when i get home.

later
howie
TCBSK8
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Send some Pics of that beeyotch!! $150 bucks sounds kinda nice for a fourcolor.

[email protected]
ugsb
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:58 pm Reply with quote
here it is. it only has one platen, and it uses big ass weights to hold the screen up, that is where the freight becomes a problem. if your still interested i'll get it weighted tomorrow

http://home.comcast.net/~ugsb/harco_1.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~ugsb/harco_2.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~ugsb/harco_3.JPG
ugsb
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:59 pm Reply with quote
don't worry i'd clean it up for you.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next