SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  PRESS RELEASES, COMPANY ANNOUNCEMENTS, NEWS & SALES  »  Update Sponsor Me Video Contest on YouTube
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Update Sponsor Me Video Contest on YouTube

snakesession
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:47 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 04 Nov 2001 Posts: 1241 Location: Greenville, South Carolina
kirb-slider wrote:
those are some rad vidoes. i think the2nd place should have been first. that kid is ripping it up.

Yeah that's Luis from WA, He's aggro for sure and skates full speed. Don't think it will be long before he gets a bigger sponsor.

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:47 am Reply with quote
Joined: 30 Apr 2009 Posts: 5555 Location: In your backyard skating, PA
That was cool.

Skate for fun.
jcruz
Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:58 pm Reply with quote
got one of these decks second hand from Richard-please make more!!!
snakesession
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Cool to hear you liked the board! That was a fun project and hope to do it again. You never know.

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Hey everyone, just wanted to update this 6 year old thread.

Back in 2010 - I held a little "Sponsor Me" video contest on YouTube where kids could send in a video of themselves skating. They could do whatever they wanted, but we pushed an old school theme. The whole point was to have fun and lots of people entered (just over 100) trying old school moves.

The contest was a big success. (3) winners were sent SnakeSession boards and T-shirts. Also, a 4th winner was picked by random drawing. Everyone got stickers and a DVD. We also sent out 25 free SnakeSession toy fingerboards.

Another interesting thing happened during the weeks long contest, The top 10 skaters or so became friends over the internet even though they lived in several different countries. They would watch each others videos and post positive comments, favorite tricks, and encouragement. Still do.

Fast forward 6 years later - All of the winners are grown up and still rip. Most exciting, two have recently turned PRO! I don't have kids, but feel like a proud papa!

Girls Winner - Jade Ryan from Australia. Prob the most well known of the trio. Her dream back then was to be a pro skater. She was also the most dedicated to skating and most enthusiastic about being sponsored. She even made her own hand drawn SnakeSession shirts to film videos in before we had any printed up! She's won several big pro woman's comps in Australia and is now sponsored by Mike Vallely and his Street Plant brand. She's label mates with Mike V and Kristian Svitak! http://streetplantbrand.com/battalion/

Jade has a style all her own, is very creative, and edits her own videos. She also has the most fun skating of anyone I've ever watched. When not skating, she volunteers teaching skateboard safety to school kids. Fun to watch and makes me want to go skate!

Current video...

You may go to YouTube to view the video by clicking below...
YouTube Video

1st place - Joe Moore from the UK. Very creative with found objects and his tech skills are amazing. His pro model is on Wight Trash Skateboards: http://wight-trash.com

Current video...

YouTube Video

2nd place - Luis Ouida from the state of Washington. Most agro of the bunch, egg plants like Jeff Grosso, still ripping, but not pro yet. Sponsored by Insane Skatebords and libtech.

Current video...

YouTube Video

Very proud of everyone and wish I could have kept the brand going and maybe made something of it. Just daydreaming - but add in two or three more I had my eye on, and it could have been the core of an awesome skate team. The original contest announcement video is still up and get messages from kids wanting me to watch their videos. Fun stuff.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2