SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  A few questions
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

A few questions

cerdo
Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I was a skater back in the late 80s. My skateboarding activities now mainly consist of rolling down to the SA for chips and soda or to the mailbox to pay a bill or two. Being 34, I'm not trying to keep up with all the latest tricks.

How "legit" would it be for me to start designing and selling my own decks from a hardcore skaters point of view? I've always wanted to design decks since I was more of a daily skater but that didn't really pan out.

Over the last year I've set up a print shop in my basement, mainly for rock poster printing and now I'm thinking about venturing into the deck design and trying to sell them both on consignment locally as well as via our web site:

http://www.squad19.com

Would this be seen as trying to cash in on an industry I don't belong in or does my lifelong interest in skating and deck graphics make it OK?

That said, I've been looking for places that will print short runs of decks for you, as I may not want to deal with the actual printing of the decks initially.

so far I've only found

skatepaige.com and skateboardprinting.com

are there any others that you can point me to?

Thanks in adavance.

[ This Message was edited by: cerdo on 2003-10-06 19:18 ]
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Till the day I die, I'll keep saying HELL NO to skateboardprinting.com. They screwed me over bigtime....
Gusto
Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:10 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
anything you do to keep the shit real gets props from me and im sure from everyone here.

do your thing if youre stoked on it and fuck everything else!
cerdo
Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

On 2003-10-06 20:56, CH3NO2JAY wrote:
Till the day I die, I'll keep saying HELL NO to skateboardprinting.com. They screwed me over bigtime....

How so?

Any alternatives that you've found?
pennswood
Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:26 pm Reply with quote
we sent you some samples about a year ago.
we used to do all the roots and fobia decks.
if you are in need of some manufacturing let me know. we actually do most of our printing on flat stock then press the decks.

[email protected]

[ This Message was edited by: pennswood on 2003-10-07 21:26 ]
theherd
Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:18 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 02 Nov 2001 Posts: 5009 Location: Wish I lived in Pinto's Place
I'll speak up for Pennswood- good wood, and cool people to deal with.

Herd
Nick
Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:00 am Reply with quote
Quote:

On 2003-10-08 09:18, theherd wrote:
I'll speak up for Pennswood- good wood, and cool people to deal with.

Herd

I will second that, good decks.
cerdo
Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Cool. Yes, the samples you sent us rocked. And then I moved offices twice, lost a bunch of contact infromation (email addys, saved web favorites etc...) in the process and couldn't remember where they came from. Back then we were trying to do too many things at once. Now that we've got poster/sticker printing under controll, we're ready to add.

I'll be contacting Pennswood in the near future.

Are there any other places besides Pennswood, Skatepaige and Skateboardprinting.com that will print short runs of decks that any of you are aware of?

Any people out there printing decks for their own shop that would be willing to step up? Anyone willing to barter? We do web design/illustration/graphic design etc... We'd be willing to design some bad-ass decks for you in exchange for getting somem of our own printed. Things of that nature?

We're not loaded and need to start small and build. Right now we're shopping around for the best possible price/quality ratio.

Thanks for the responses so far. They're very much appreciated.
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Cerdo, We were talking for months (over 5 months to do one order and it still never got started) via email and the phone at my cost. My order kept getting pushed back and they ended up to not go through with it and not even having the balls to contact me at all (to this day) about not doing the order. I paid for a site to showcase the decks and reunion and had money and time invested. I wouldn't be as mad if they were just honest and told me that they couldn't do the job, but instead they just strung me along. I would of gone somewhere else to get the project done if I knew in advance that they would treat me like this. I also had a timeline to get the decks done (5 months) and they said they could do anything that I'd like. I guess they couldn't handle what I requested and the thing that sucks is I wanted them for the reunion party we were going to have, but that was a dead issue by the last month before the union. We started to talk in early Dec. 2002 and we kept talking about the order until I finally gave up at the beginning of April 2003. 10 months later and still no response. I don't expect one, but they treated me like shit. Enough of me rambling on, I thought I'd answer since you asked.... Sincerly CH3NO2JAY aka Jason

[ This Message was edited by: CH3NO2JAY on 2003-10-08 17:11 ]
destroyeverything
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:36 am Reply with quote
Hey CH3NO2JAY, what print shop are you referring to?

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next