SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  nike dunks in skateshops
Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

nike dunks in skateshops

jahio
Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:34 am Reply with quote
does any one sell the nikes in there shops?
I have been thinking of trying to get them for my shop. let me know if they are a good seller or not
thanks
mrweekend
Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:23 pm Reply with quote
I have gone thru the paperwork to get them, which ALL of the ap stuff HAS to be notorized, they want blood, your arm and 2 of your kids. YOU do NOT get to choose what you will be carrying. THey will look at your shoe wall, see what colors you have, and they will send you a size run of I think 6 different styles, ONE of which will be dunks. I have a buddy that has them in his shop, he says they fly out the door the day they come in, 30 wholesale, 79.99 out the door, not bad!!! So after I sent in the paperwork, they said a MINIMUM of 6 weeks before they'd tell me if I can evern become a dealer. Seems like a lot of hassle, BUT, gotta pay the rent!!!! kenny
jahio
Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:24 am Reply with quote
wow sounds like shoe nazis 2 me
bummer because they sure are sweet shoes
if anyone ouy there can sell me a pair let me know
ECX Action Sports
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:34 pm Reply with quote
I attempted to bring Nike into my shop at the AC trade show this Sept. I was told by the rep that I could try to open an account, but I will not be permitted to carry the "dunks" (the ONLY shoe the kids want) The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I didn't want Nike in my shop. Since when did Nike decide they were a "skate shoe" company? I will stick with the "true" skate shoe guys. Let the Mall Shops deal with that Corp. Giant!
olivelawn
Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:10 pm Reply with quote
nike is gonna be a trend just like puma/adidas in '93.
Project
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Nike is awful, they just are trying to buy there way into skateboarding cause its big. somebody posted in another topic that they bought paul rodrigez off of es for 1 million dollars. fuck nike, dont carry them.
smalltownbrown
Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Nike wants in skateboarding because they are a shoe company and they want to sell shoes, is that sooo bad. Sorry to tell you guys but every shoe company out there uses cheap Asian labor to make their shoes, all of them. Vans has a few shoes still made in SoCal but by cheap Spanish labor. So why is Nike Evil? I thought most people on this page had been skating for a while. If you have, maybe you have forgotten that Gonz, Natas, Miller, Blender and Cab and on and on all skated in Nike Air Jordans and Nike Dunks for the last 5 years of the 80' like everyone else who wanted better shoes than the skate companies provided. Nike tried to get into the market a few times and was burned and they learned lessons. Nike will only sell shoes to small independent skate shops. Thats why you wont see them in malls (next to Vans) and why you have to fill out the paperwork. I have talked to numerous shop owners that thank God for Nike, and without them they would be out of business. These shops as many in our new economy are almost broke and the consistent revenue from selling out a run of Dunks pays their rent. I have a friend that left TWS to work for Nike skateboarding, and there is a long list of pro skaters that are calling and begging to ride Nike. Many pros like Donny Barley and Jason Dill wear nikes and arent even on the team. Adidas has had Gonz and Lance for years, it was just a matter of time for Nike. Nike has raised money for skate parks in Portland. I am not saying they are some great thing, but I am saying they are no different than Vans, DC and Sole Tech. Oh yeah, Savier is 1/2 Nike too and Nike owns Hurley. Billlabong owns Element, and Zoo York is owned by Echo. AOL/TIME owns TWS. Welcome to the corporation. If you want to read the argument against me check out Birdo from Consolidated, and the Dont Do It video.
loveoldschool
Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:02 am Reply with quote
I really like the new FC's. Too bad the cool colors arent coming out for a few more months. I will collect them all!
Animalchin
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Where can I see the new colors?
smalltownbrown
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:05 am Reply with quote
at their home ; http://www.nikeskateboarding.com

and skatepark of tampa website mail orders nikes I think

Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next