SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Trendependent
Page 4 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Trendependent

dangersticks
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 17 May 2003 Posts: 1594 Location: Bombora's, California
What Conscience said. All I said after that was that we should erase the evidence, enjoy our shirts and stickers, and the double-takes we get from our skating brethren, and the vapid looks we get from the great unwashed.

I'm wearing mine to the mall.
Stubbs
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Well, I don't know about DikVak or Fausto but Tracker Larry sure laughed his ass off when he saw it!

And, I agree with you, Slob. Anyone catching shit over any of this would draw more than a little ire from me.
Slim
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Sep 2003 Posts: 2954 Location: pedro point, nor cal
I've seen the "artwork" and discussion about it all over the internet and can't possibly cover all my tracks at this point. Here's an interesting story:

http://www.poi-dog.net/vol1_no4.html

That story contains the following:

Quote:
"NOT a knock on Independent at all, but a statement regarding fashion, Trendependent is a spoof on "Poseurs", people who wear skateboarding clothes yet wouldn't know the difference between a skate deck or a truck.:

I suppose it's possible that that was my motivation behind my drawing. Or it might have also been a knock on Indy for seemingly caring more about profiting from soft good sales than making a decent truck. It may or maynot have been influenced by stories I've heard about NHS's treatment of those who did real work that has made them rich. Or it may have all just been a simple little joke intended to be posted once and never seen again, ha!

At this point, it's hard to say!

-Slim

Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 17 May 2003 Posts: 1594 Location: Bombora's, California
Or it could have been because you were trying to quit smoking, it was too cold outside to skate, and idle hands are the devil's workshop! Ha!

Hey, I am not down on Indy. They sponsored the SAA trip (not just product, but ca$h, as well), and they will likely continue to do so in the future.

slob-air
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63458 Location: S&B HQ
As I asked on the first page: PM me links to the pages you're concerned with and lets have a little more input here with regard to what action I take - should I nuke entire threads or simply edit specific posts.

You know those 'bama boys will be all up in arms if I outright nuke something.
slob-air
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63458 Location: S&B HQ
Moved the links here until I get more feedback as to what we want to do with these threads - PM if I missed any other related threads that concern you.

Page 4 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4