SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  Official Repro decks in circulation thread
Page 22 of 25    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Official Repro decks in circulation thread

brokenorderband
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:44 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
cujo613 wrote:
If my wifi wasnt all jacked up I would post the ebay link

At least tell us which deck

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Oct 2003 Posts: 11215 Location: Santa Cruz California
the gonz
2 of em
CatPalace
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm new here but very well aware of all the hateful shit talk. First off if I blocked you from my Instagram page it's because you didn't bother Reaching out to me in a message but choose to bash me on my own post. Anyone who does that will be blocked that's the same thing any of you would do as well. If you guys were serious about wanting me to stamp my restorations then you would simply reach out and talk to me about your concerns but instead you talk shit like a bunch of women. It's easy just write me a message with your concerns. I've alway been up for suggestions but I will not tolerate some jackass who is butt hurt to talk shit without me blocking that bullshit. So here I am what's up??
brokenorderband
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Bottom line: There are some shady fuckers out there who have no qualms about trying to flip an authentic looking restoration as an original.

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:07 pm Reply with quote
I know that. Im very aware of that. I don't want anyone to be burned by anything I've done. If a stamp is what you think will solve this I'll do it but that will be little to stop a con artist.
brokenorderband
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:30 pm Reply with quote
CatPalace wrote:
I know that. Im very aware of that. I don't want anyone to be burned by anything I've done. If a stamp is what you think will solve this I'll do it but that will be little to stop a con artist.

I am glad you came on here and want to have a conversation. Thanks for that. Based on all of the ranting in this thread you could just as easily tell all of us to fuck off.

So if you are interested in suggestions I would say just leave off the top graphics all together or screen the top graphics in ways that look off from the original. Maybe some wild color variations. Or maybe use your own custom screen for the tops...

That would be due diligence in my book. Sure someone can do full grip but most collectors would see full grip on a NOS 80s deck as a definite red flag.

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:50 pm Reply with quote
X2...think of something creative. You're obviously creative.

Wanted: Nos white dip Santa Cruz Special Edition Mechanical Fish
Chip DeLam
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:52 am Reply with quote
brokenorderband wrote:
I am glad you came on here and want to have a conversation. Thanks for that. Based on all of the ranting in this thread you could just as easily tell all of us to fuck off.

x2

SnB was founded so collectors could look out for each other and a have a place to post useful info.

Don't take the shit talk personal, we'd be saying the same thing if it was someone else. You're not the first and won't be the last.

I would love to see you bring some life back this message board and post up from time to time in the restoration forum.

Keep the collecting community informed as to which boards you're doing and how they're marked.

We're not out to bash your skills, we're simply trying to look out for ourselves and our bros.

Create a Cat Palace Resto stamp and burn it into the topside, or go a step further and mark it twice, screen a small logo on the edge of the nose similar to what SC did on their missile concaves.

You do great work, but with it comes responsibility.

Welcome to SnB Jesse, how you choose to participate going forward is up to you.
CatPalace
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:20 am Reply with quote
My restoration work can never be confused for an nos deck. When I repair these decks I have to fill the missing wood with bondo. When I finish the body work I always leave the bondo slightly not feathered so you can spot the repair instantly. The moment you hold one of these decks in your hand you can instantly tell it has been restored. You can't always tell from the pics because your eye only sees the overall deck but up close its different. I go out of my way to restore these decks in a way that preserves what it once was but doesn't hide that it's been repaired. To be honest that why I haven't bothered to stamp them, not because I'm defying you guys. I truly feel that what I'm doing adds no monetary value what's so ever to the deck. What I am creating is art, it's not the real thing, it's not a replica, it's a completely different animal that you have to have in your hands to understand. If these decks ever become valuable it will be because of my name and what I did to the deck but not because it looks like an nos deck. Every deck I've done has been for clients that have very sentimental reasons and will never part with them.
CatPalace
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:23 am Reply with quote
Having said that I think a stamp wouldn't be a bad idea.

Page 22 of 25    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next