SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Skateboarding Club
Page 1 of 1    

Skateboarding Club

dabucker
Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:26 am Reply with quote
I'm president of the IUP (Indiana University of PA) skateboarding club and I was wondering if anyone had any advice or knew of any organizations that could help us out. http://www.people.iup.edu/phmk is our website. Be sure to check out our video under 1st competition too. Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sixman
Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:55 pm Reply with quote
What are you guys looking for? From looking as your site I'm guessing you are working to get a local park.

Keep it up!

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:53 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to help the process towards a local skatepark get started but in reality there's no way I'd see a local skatepark before I graduate. On campus we have a law against doing tricks which we'd like repealed (although that seems impossible) I'm just looking for any ideas you might have towards improving skateboarding at our college. We get hassled everywhere and the only park is 11 miles away and made for BMX (and expensive)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sixman
Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Can you guys have any official events on campus? Maybe organize a contest or something like that to raise $$$ and get some media coverage.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Nervous
Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Feb 2003 Posts: 2841 Location: a room with a view
Arggghhhhhh!!! Change your links color!!! I can barley see them!!!
stivason
Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:58 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 31 Aug 2001 Posts: 3923 Location: Western Pennsylvania
Im not very far away from IUP, I'm in the Kittanning/Ford City area. Which skatepark are you refering to, studio 334 skatepark?? I use to skate there alot, Keith is a really nice guy. If you can learn to skate there, you can skate anywhere. If you wanna hook-up and skate sometime after all this shitty snow melts let me know.
[email protected]

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:01 am Reply with quote
It's winter now so we can't have a competition really. We'll be selling T-shirts to make some money.
Powell Peralta Collector
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:09 am Reply with quote
That video was one of the most refreshing things I've seen in a while.

I was president of our skate club/team in college...fun times. They actually let us use a 20,000 sqft warehouse to build our own park on campus.
dabucker
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:50 am Reply with quote
Wow that's awesome! Be sure check out our new clips on the skate club website.

Quote:

On 2004-01-23 02:09, Powell Peralta Collector wrote:
That video was one of the most refreshing things I've seen in a while.

I was president of our skate club/team in college...fun times. They actually let us use a 20,000 sqft warehouse to build our own park on campus.

Page 1 of 1