SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  "One time I met..." TELL YOUR STORY!
Page 2 of 11    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

"One time I met..." TELL YOUR STORY!

ShantG
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:17 pm Reply with quote
SC Pro skater Bob Serafin was a friend of mine in Middle School back in '82 ish. I had a board but I wasn't really into the skating scene. Years later I found out he was a PRO skater. NEVER knew!
ShantG
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:17 pm Reply with quote
SC Pro skater Bob Serafin was a friend of mine in Middle School back in '82 ish. I had a board but I wasn't really into the skating scene. Years later I found out he was a PRO skater. NEVER knew!
oneendone
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:04 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL

Last edited by oneendone on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wanted: Nos white dip Santa Cruz Special Edition Mechanical Fish
quentdiggy
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:06 pm Reply with quote
motorpsycho67 wrote:
Watch out, you'll be labeled a name dropper.....

Naw man that is a pic from the McGill story link of peters. Just kicking off the thread with the few i could think of...didn't mean to name drop. But one time i met a guy named Motorpsycho....

Man, if this was college, I'd come to class everyday. Love the Jason Lee story.
slob-air
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
motorpsycho67 wrote:
Watch out, you'll be labeled a name dropper.....

From rockstars to pro skaters there's just too many stories to tell—It wouldn't just be name dropping, it'd be a carpet bombing of name dropping.

However, when I met Steve Olson at LAX (we were both flying out to a meeting in ABQ to start a new magazine) shit was off the hook. We kept going outside to go for a smoke and then would have to go back through security—last time they pulled him into room for an in depth search

Then sitting at the bar having a couple drinks waiting for our flight I notice he's fucking watching a baseball game while reading the sports section.

I'm like, "WTF?!!! You're a fucking jock!!"

He just laughed.

Found out later he was republican too. Had to give him a few intellectual smack downs for that too.

Killer dude though. Skates like a fearless motherfucker. Had me laughing my ass off all weekend and he skates with more style than any 10 normal skaters do.

Farts like a fucking evil wildebeest though—room clearing, paint coming off the wall, screaming and crying, tear inducing evil fucking farts that linger like a slow, painful death!!

If you ever see him mixing up a block of velveeta cheese, mushroom soup and shrimp on the stove, fucking run for your life!! I think that's why Chilemac sold his house after we left.

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Since Slob mentioned Olson, I'll give you one short story....

Was at a big party at a buddy's house late one Saturday night. It was after a rollerderby match (that I skipped). His wife used to be in the league and is still friends with most of those broads. Anyway, was in the front yard talking to a buddy while leaning against my friend's old Ranchero. There were about 40 other people in the front yard (it's a big house). There was a dude next to me leaning on the car talking to a chick. I turned to my left to see who it was...... and it was Olson. I said tohim " Hey Bulky, what're you doin here?". He says "Man, don't call me that....." He was so bummed I called him Bulky. Right after that he disappeared around the side of the house with that chick to attend to some pressing business....
slob-air
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:19 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
He hates being called bulky... yet he's rather.... uh... check out 5:52 —too fucking funny!!

You may go to YouTube to view the video by clicking below...
YouTube Video

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:29 am Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:

Farts like a fucking evil wildebeest though—room clearing, paint coming off the wall, screaming and crying, tear inducing evil fucking farts that linger like a slow, painful death!!

Bwahahaha..brilliant...
strong reaction
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:25 am Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 Posts: 1482 Location: A field in Ireland
My old band did a couple of dates with Flogging Molly 8/9 years ago (Cork and Galway). We weren't treated great being first on the bill (we were carrying gear on public transport and eating what the other bands left behind them).

Didn't see much of Matt Hensley offstage as he wasn't feeling great but in Cork he came out the front of the venue and we had a bit of a chat, he wished he had a board with him and that he didn't have the cold. Had a beer and he went off to do his thing.

Nice bloke.

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:47 pm Reply with quote
A few months before Savannah Slamma II happened there was an ad in Thrasher for the contest. Being 14, I knew where Savannah was but really no idea of the distance. I got out a state road map book we had so I could see how far it was in the looooooong chance that someone would drive me there. I think my Dad noticed me looking through this map and asked me what I was doing. I said there was a pro thing happening and I was seeing how far it was. It was about 8 hours so I had no thoughts that it was even an option. He looks over the ad and says "Let's go. Call a couple of friends to take and we will go". This was a highly unlikely result... this was a road trip, spontaneous, and one involving skateboarding.... I though my parents were joking that they were going to do this. This was not something they were into.

So, the time came, took the trip and we stayed at the Ramada Inn just outside the Civic Center (where the contest was held). It was less than a hundred yards away in the same parking lot. This was the type of place with multiple levels, U shaped building, and all the doors were outside and faced each other. We got into Savannah late evening, unpacked, chilled and went to bed.

My friends and I were so pumped to be there we could hardly sleep. I think about 2 am we heard a lot of noisen which woke us up. It was a loud alarm and lots of people screaming/yelling. We looked out our window which faced Civic Center and we see tons of people running from there to the hotel... laughing, screaming, etc. As they got closer, we realized who it was. The majority of the pros in town for the contest... all staying at this hotel! We assumed they got into the venue to skate and somehow set off the alarm.

So the next day we get up and look outside and just about every door was open, skaters out hanging on the walkways, talking, setting up decks, walking room to room, etc. So cool to see everyone hanging out... all these guys we saw in magazines....EVERYWHERE ! Being groms, we just watched and gawked like idiots while not bothering anyone. Eventually we went out skating and enjoyed our day out.

That night the pros were just hanging out in their rooms with the doors open. I think we got a little more comfortable approaching them after seeing that they were just normal people so we made out way around walking the halways and talked to guys here and there. My buddy was talking to Joe Johnson outside of a room occupied by a few of the bones brigade. Lance and Tony were in there and invited us in with Joe and they couldnt have been nicer. They were just being cool, asking us where we were from, talking about skating, etc. Eventually Tommy and Cab made their way in as well and again super nice to us. I think we hung out with them for about an hour and half. Such an awesome memory! On the way out we finaly geeked out and asked for autographs and they were totally cool about it. To this day, I still have the Ramada Inn notepads they signed and personalized to each of us.

-

Page 2 of 11    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next