SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  "One time I met..." TELL YOUR STORY!
Page 1 of 11    Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

"One time I met..." TELL YOUR STORY!

quentdiggy
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:03 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I dont know does a thread like this exist? Does the idea just suck? I just want to hear stories about Pros who you have met and why they stuck out to you.

Got the idea reading another thread about Tony Hawk, and how for all the shit he gets was actually the mellowest dude on the Bones Brigade

I remember I met him once. I went to some strip mall skateshop for a Birdhouse demo, and It was like some ams, Willy Santos, and Fucking Tony. It was whatever year Beck's 'Odelay' album came out because Tony broke a board, went in the shop, came out, and sat on the curb right next to me to set up his board. Just me. and Tony Hawk. Sitting on a curb. I asked him if he got the album just to break the ice, and we talked a bit about about it. Crazy he had just bought it. I asked him if he ever got sick of coming to shitty little strip malls for demos and he said, "No man, this is what it is all about. These kids, Me and you having this conversation is what it's all about man." I was like cool man. A few moments went by, kinda uncomfortable, and I said, "Man I just don't know what to say to a man I have looked up to my whole life." He said some deep shit about basically being the most blessed dude on earth, and never taking a second of it for granted. Then he got up and shredded the FUCK out of the shittiest ramp you have ever seen. Never forget it.

Last edited by quentdiggy on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
cujo613
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Oct 2003 Posts: 11215 Location: Santa Cruz California
this is a funny story of a pro not sticking out to me.
so it had to be about 86-87. Back then I use to skate with my best friend Sean Benson Corey Chrysler Chris Gales and Nick Foster. So one day we all meet up and head out. Now every once and a while Corey would bring this Guy Jason with him. To me he was just Jason. Very quiet never really shredded it up, just skated along with us. So we used to hit up my GF house for free drinks and shit every once and and a while. Jason would always just hang outside under the tree. We would get some water or soda and whatever. My GF would bring Jason something because he wouldnt come in and we would all bail. Well im actually dating that girl now after all these years. (we were apart for 25 years) when we got back together we were talking about sean and corey, nick and chris. and she asked if I ever stayed in contact with Jason Jessee. I asked why and she said you used to bring him over to my house. I told her I had no clue who she was talking about that wasnt Jason Jessee. Actually turns out it was. Her ex was a car body guy and did work for Jason and he remembered her from then.
Clownbaby
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:41 pm Reply with quote
My buddy asked Eddie Elguera if he knew there was a Ramones song about him at some Christian skate demo
vaskateboards
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quote
this stuff always depends so much on in what circumstances you meet that certain person.

something private where you really have time to talk
a situation that is fast paced
are you in a good mood
is that person in a good state of mind

some people are just 100% nice
but not everybody is easy going, and we the fans forget that and just expect to be accepted.
quentdiggy
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Love that Jesse story.

About 8 years ago I think the U.S. Bombs came to a really small club here in St. Paul, (not Mpls). I was too late to see the show, but the bar was fucking empty...except like 3 dudes. They were pissed drunk, but Punk Drunk. Funny motherfuckers. I sat there waiting for my friend thinking just how core this one dude was. It's hard to explain, he was just so gutter punk, fucking real-deal larger than life type dude. My friend got there he was like "Dude, thats Duane Peters." I looked again and sure as shit. I guess I thought he would be taller or something, but yeah. They had to carry him out of that bar about 1/2 hour later. Not violent, not a problem, but the band had to carry him out because he couldn't stand. It was everything I hoped for. When you see a guy like him in that environment. He IS what you see. It ain't no image man, it's just him.
naperry
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:12 pm Reply with quote
http://www.skullandbonesskateboards.c...mp;highlight=Vans

Cool story about McGill I had....
essnerific
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Harold Hunter sleeping in the back of our park cause they blew the tour money half way through.

went out that night to a party.
me, quim and 2 other guys(cant remember) got Harold a $15 hooker on the way home.

he seen her and didn't like her, so he screwed our mannequin in the shop and broke her arm off.

her name was lucy.
RIP harold

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:29 pm Reply with quote
That is fucking Rad. Those photos are so incredible.

Peters....
motorpsycho67
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Watch out, you'll be labeled a name dropper.....

swoomaster
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Before I left Minnesota I worked on the movie Mallrats, I was Michael Rooker's (Merle from Walking Dead) assistant. Well, as you may know that was Jason Lee's first movie. So I had a townhouse with a few guys and we used to have parties all the time. So one weekend I invited Jason and some other people in the movie (Shannon Doherty, Jay etc..) and they all showed up. This being a skater house everyone was stoked and we all got real toasty.

On a different day I was trying to teach Michael Rooker acid drops in the dressing room and he purposely landed in the middle of the board and snapped it. I showed it to Jason and he gave me a brand new deck to replace it, which was pretty cool of him!

Page 1 of 11    Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next