SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  "One time I met..." TELL YOUR STORY!
Page 10 of 11    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

"One time I met..." TELL YOUR STORY!

COOLSTUFF
Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:00 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 04 Jul 2003 Posts: 9728 Location: ORANGE CITY, FLORIDA
joebruiser, please verify our resemblance.

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:41 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Apr 2008 Posts: 4142 Location: I lay right down in my favorite place
slob-air wrote:
I remember it well. You didn't even introduce yourself as a member of S&B. WTF?!

Insanely hot and humid that day too. The faster you went in the bowl the wetter you got.

Love that place. Fun little parkā€”and Wally Holiday smooth.

surfcorps wrote:
I met this dude named Slob at Coronado skatepark in the summer of 2008.

Yeah that day was hot and humid as hell. And the surface is great. That is a good park. Not great, but pretty much fun. That was my first time at Coronado. And hey dude I did say "hey slob, I am the kook from snb", I thought you didnt want to talk or hungover or something? But then later we had a little conversation. Yeah, I think you were burnt out from the convention

surfcorps
Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:00 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Apr 2008 Posts: 4142 Location: I lay right down in my favorite place
quentdiggy wrote:
I dont know does a thread like this exist? Does the idea just suck? I just want to hear stories about Pros who you have met and why they stuck out to you.

Got the idea reading another thread about Tony Hawk, and how for all the shit he gets was actually the mellowest dude on the Bones Brigade

I remember I met him once. I went to some strip mall skateshop for a Birdhouse demo, and It was like some ams, Willy Santos, and Fucking Tony. It was whatever year Beck's 'Odelay' album came out because Tony broke a board, went in the shop, came out, and sat on the curb right next to me to set up his board. Just me. and Tony Hawk. Sitting on a curb. I asked him if he got the album just to break the ice, and we talked a bit about about it. Crazy he had just bought it. I asked him if he ever got sick of coming to shitty little strip malls for demos and he said, "No man, this is what it is all about. These kids, Me and you having this conversation is what it's all about man." I was like cool man. A few moments went by, kinda uncomfortable, and I said, "Man I just don't know what to say to a man I have looked up to my whole life." He said some deep shit about basically being the most blessed dude on earth, and never taking a second of it for granted. Then he got up and shredded the FUCK out of the shittiest ramp you have ever seen. Never forget it.
priceless .m memory

scmavl
Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:54 am Reply with quote
Chet Childress stopped by our private park the other night. He shredded and boozed with us for a few hours. Good dude.

I just snapped one quick pic, back smith on the vert wall.

motorpsycho67
Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:06 pm Reply with quote
I once met this guy named Stubbs....
mdspb
Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 02 Oct 2005 Posts: 856 Location: Bay Area in body; upstate NY in the soul
I met Laura Thornhill at the Agenda show this past Wednesday. Stoked! Really nice lady. and still hot.

iso: Unbelievers; Shut; Lake Bob Umbel
slob-air
Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
motorpsycho67 wrote:

Talks funny, drink and smokes like its going out of style, mentions Texas in every other sentance and is kinda gay.... yah, I met that guy too.

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:59 pm Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:
motorpsycho67 wrote:

Talks funny, drink and smokes like its going out of style, mentions Texas in every other sentance and is kinda gay.... yah, I met that guy too.

Shin-Gouki
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Back in the day I would occasionally deliver some "Herbal Refreshment" to Lucero. (Lived near my HS) Twice he covered my $50 Ticket for getting caught Skateboarding at Huntington Beach HS. Word is he did that for locals he had met back then.
Sticks
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:49 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Feb 2003 Posts: 10327 Location: Raytown Travel Agency
Joan Jett, SFO on an early Sunday morning in the 90's.

Fuckin starstruck since she's in my top 5 rockers, but played it casual. Hit her up at the newsstand. "Joan, right?"

She was a basically a dude, and this being her clean shaved head phase and her 7:00 AM outfit she was not recognizable. Strong grip, like on purpose strong. Stubby fingers.

She got my chick's digits on their flight back to NYC.

Page 10 of 11    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next