SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  STREET  »  Mini Logo 97a
Page 1 of 1    

Mini Logo 97a

JohnnyRocket81
Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:00 pm Reply with quote
First off, I'm new to the forum, so hello to everyone. I have come back to skating after about a 10 year hiatus ( which was painful ) and I've been trying to find my groove again. I have found since I came back, I really prefer riding concrete parks whereas back in the day I mostly just did a lot of street cruising. So here is my question. I'm cheap, super-cheap, and I don't wanna buy equipment just because some pro's name is on it. Been checking out the Mini Logo 58mm 97a A-cut wheels as a general all around wheel. I have zero experience with Mini Logo altogether. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with em?

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:51 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 434 Location: Newport, Australia
They're not bad but not great either, I had some 60mm about 5 years ago but I've never bought them again. Bones spfs are much faster and come in a million shapes and sizes.
PlayGod
Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:09 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
mini logo 97 wheels are good but soft... soft enough to cruise on rough surfaces. the 99a are much better in a park... but still quite smooth riding on street. mini logo formulas are like bones, in that their rated durometer rides a lot softer than competitors' urethane.

spf are a weird wheel... super grippy, super plasticky hard, super fast. You wouldn't want to ride spf on anything other than a super-smooth surface.

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:01 am Reply with quote
Ya cool thanks a lot for the input guys. I figured they would be softer than rated, which is cool. I have a set of PP Rippers in 97a and I love them but they feel about as soft as the re-issue Mini Cubes in 95a, which I suspect are actually softer than what they are rated as well. Only wheels I've steady ridden on concrete so far have been the Spitty F1 Grosso Streetburners, which are friggin amazing, but what a pain to ride anywhere else, at least for me.

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I just bought a shop deck from my local shop it was only $28. Also when I went in there I asked about softer wheels and he handed me some with Bones Reds in them and said try 'em out and bring back in a few days from now then decide on some wheels. These are bigger and softer than my current Bones Wheel.s Anyway good way to support the local guys and you get incredible (at least in my case) customer service.

Page 1 of 1