SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  Who's responsible after the board ships
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Who's responsible after the board ships

Hammerhead
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Oct 2001 Posts: 6889 Location: Occupying Aztlan since 1963
Got a question. If I ship a board and provide the US Postal or whatever tracking number to the seller, and it gets lost or damaged, who's responsible? If it is the seller's board once it leaves your house? Is it ethical to cash the check before he actually receives it? Im sitting here with a wad of checks/money orders waiting for people to received their boards. I shipped a couple of boards a week ago and they still haven't gotten there. Trouble is I have to cary this wad (about $1200) around everywhere I go cause I don't want to leave the $ home in case the place gets robbed or in case of fire.
slob-air
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Well dude, I could go into the whole clean up your back yard thing with regard to being scared of being broken into, but I won't. It is ethical to cash the checks. However, it is your responsability to track lost shipments and assist the buyer in attaining his goods. Once the online tracking shows it's there, you're off the hook. And if it's lost, well, that's why they sell insurance - it's cheap and should be included in the shipping costs.
fallen99angel
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 3:54 am Reply with quote
*S&B FOUNDER* Joined: 16 Sep 2001 Posts: 631 Location: Denmark
As a seller to alot of US people, the issue with TRACKING/INSURANCE are abit more tricky
TRACKING are only awailable if I use FEDEX - UPS etc. but those companies for some reason are way way to expensive to use overhere, I gues nobody wanna pay atleast 100$ for the shipping alone, so I use the danish postal service only, they provide tracking only on registred mail. If I ship ground I cannot insurance it, only on airmail, but with taxes Im being told not to put too high of a value on it, else when shipped airmail its insured for the amount of value I put on it. Sofar I have only lost a parcel ever, one guy claimed it was never recieved. so I send him a new deck, but I send out alot of decks and stuff and never had a problem with it. I cash moneyorders etc. before I ship anything, just to make sure they wont bounce or anything.
It will in these ANTHRAX times takes abit more time to reach buyer, but they should be aware of that now. If item dont reach buyer, its sellers responsebility to find out where the parcel is.
Henrik
FALLEN99ANEGL
woody2001
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 01 Oct 2001 Posts: 266 Location: Garbage Grove, Oregon
I never send an item out without the payment clearing my bank first unles sit is a customer I have done business with in the past, then I give some lea-way.
I do not feel any responsibility after the package has been shipped. I will fax, email, or standard mail a copy of the receipt showing their package being sent to their postal code.
If they choose not to buy insurance or extra services, you cant be responsible- especially if you tell them they should get insurance before hand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hammerhead
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Oct 2001 Posts: 6889 Location: Occupying Aztlan since 1963
I don't know man. I could go either way on this. BUT if the buyer didnt request insurance, then I think the seller is covered and in the clear if he provides the buyer the tracking number. I mean what can the seller do that the buyer cant as far as tracking the shipment?
z-boycollector
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Please guys. Ship postal with insurance. Your covered. No insurance your Fucked. Case in point. A shipment is made for an auction on ebay....lets say a mint ollie tank with some trackers and a minty set of z-grooves. Mmmm Ok..well you ship...got the reciept from the post..the guy at the other end say...Yo I didn't get the package...If you have an insurance reciept your completely covered. If you only got delivery confirmation, your f'd. It Sucks.

KK
slob-air
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Woody... why should anyone send the money to you if you're sitting on the product? That's not right. After communicating and the deal is sown up or the auction terms are confirmed, both parties should send.
You're not the only one doing it, so don't feel like I'm spotlighting you. In fact, I'm waiting for two ebayers to recieve my money orders so they'll ship my fucking stuff.
z-boycollector
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm old now but doesn't
brittany Spears belly look good enough to.....................
Ah maybe I am old school or Too old school after all.

Rip rip
fallen99angel
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 5:30 am Reply with quote
*S&B FOUNDER* Joined: 16 Sep 2001 Posts: 631 Location: Denmark
SLOB AIR this is one point I cannot agree on, personal experiences have made I never ship before payment/trading are clear, unless its someone I know real well, you will not believe how many people that email with this and that, but when it comes down to the biss, they flake out. Gotta go with the BIG PIMP( I mean Z-BOY)
on this one
henrik
FALLEN99ANGEL

[ This Message was edited by: fallen99angel on 2001-11-09 05:30 ]
skullandbones
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 12:03 pm Reply with quote
This is Ron

i always insure all US packages. i feel that i dont need to risk have bad feedback or people slamming for a few cents. i know international shipping is a different story.

i have shipped alot of stuff and never lost anything in mail at all that i sent to others. that is because i insured it. it becomes a priorty to the mail service your using if they know they are responsible for the package.

this is my 2 cents.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next