SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VALUE OF A SPECIFIC SKATEBOARD  »  1970s Bad Co. Skateboard
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

1970s Bad Co. Skateboard

SantaCruzDude
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:14 am Reply with quote
I think SDO has a similar board somewhere in his collection... So any feedback on value would be great. From what I can find, BadCo was around in the later 70s and didn't survive more than a couple years. The band Bad Co. Complained about the logo, and there was a cease and desist on the company. I don't see these very often, and I'm not sure what this is worth. Any help would be great!

Wood is in good shape. Solid with a couple small chips on nose and tail. Board is about 27.5" x 8".

Trackers appears to be prototypes or fakes, they are not stamped. They have rare PUNGZ bushings, in great shape. Wheels are Bel Air Wings in great shape, and bearings are A.Z.E German SPEED bearings... The matching sticker is on the deck!

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:29 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
There's a rare one. Nice!

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:56 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Let me know if you want to sell those wheels...
SantaCruzDude
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Chilimac: I'd prefer to keep this complete, but if you want to PM me an offer for the wheels, I'll consider it. Hit me up.

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Hey that's my era and sticker is legit Bad Co and the wheels rule; the BadCo boards were black Dip not natural. They broke like crazy! Tails snapped that's the reason along with the lawsuit that there's very few around. Still a super cool board and the wheels are likely $300 very rare.

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Found this info on Mikeweedskateboarder website:

"Mike would regroup with Skitch and Chip Ashback, and start Bad Co. Skateboards, he also designed the 'Weed Wheel'. He and Skitch came out with the first board with a concave deck (not a Bad. Co. deck it was a fiber glass custom). The Weed Wheel had many orders but there were production problems. But Mike, Skitch and some up and coming skaters from Upland, Curt Kimble and Harvey Hawks had a job in 1979. There were a lot of skaters that didn't. They were able to sell boards, but not enough to save the company."

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Oct 2003 Posts: 2832 Location: Down South in San Diego
Does that deck have rocker? It looks like a Hobie, with a Bad Co sticker on it.

SDO

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:46 am Reply with quote
San Diego Oldschooler wrote:

SDO

No rocker, just flat with a kicktail. Also can't help but notice the Mike Weed Wheels stickers on there, who (Mike) was a co-founder of Bad Co. Skates. Maybe a connection there? Maybe not? Could it be a board that belonged to Mike while starting Bad Co.?

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:47 am Reply with quote
San Diego Oldschooler wrote:

SDO

No rocker, just flat with a kicktail. Also can't help but notice the Mike Weed Wheels stickers on there, who (Mike) was a co-founder of Bad Co. Skates. Maybe a connection there? Maybe not? Could it be a board that belonged to Mike while starting Bad Co.?

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Oct 2003 Posts: 2832 Location: Down South in San Diego
Mike Weed was with Hobie a lot longer & the shape looks like some of Hobie's decks.

Sorry, I don't think that deck has any connection to Bad Co. Thinking it's a prototype or belonged to Mike Weed, just because of a sticker, is pure fantasy.

SDO

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next