SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  PRESS RELEASES, COMPANY ANNOUNCEMENTS, NEWS & SALES  »  handmade skateboard company baby skateboards
Page 1 of 1    

handmade skateboard company baby skateboards

babyskateboards
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:31 am Reply with quote
to the members of skull and bones,

http://www.babyskateboards.com.
http://www.instagram.com/babyskateboards/

i started making skateboards in 2006. i was inspired by stories i had heard of skateboarders around the world making their own boards. since then, i have been developing and refining board shapes and art. skateboarding has a rich history of individual artistic expression and a non-corporate DIY ethos that i love and respect.

baby skateboards are designed, shaped, and painted by hand. as gregory harrison's soul surfing, board-shaping character says in north shore: "i only make boards one way. the right way."

verdadero arte esta vivo!

tim hudson

Obed
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Good looking boards. I dig the shape but $100usd is pretty steep for a rider. I imagine they'll all hit walls.

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:59 pm Reply with quote
thanks obed, nice of you to say. i appreciate your input on the price, too. i am working on a page on my website which addresses this point and will be sure to post a link here when it is finished.
because i shape and paint each board by hand, i have set the price on these boards as low as possible. i put a lot of work into testing and designing each board's shape and the boards are intended to be skated. i have been a skateboarder for 17 years and the skateboard community is the community i hope to serve. i realize that at the $100 price point a lot of people get excluded. i want to make these boards available to more people, not fewer.
i am still working on figuring out this problem and am considering offering a less expensive, 'blank' version of some of these shapes, a fully shaped and finished board but without the hand-painted art.
again, these are just a few notes on this point. thanks again, obed!

Page 1 of 1