SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  PRESS RELEASES, COMPANY ANNOUNCEMENTS, NEWS & SALES  »  A more reliable way to choose the right skateboard deck
Page 1 of 1    

A more reliable way to choose the right skateboard deck

skatepro
Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:52 am Reply with quote
Dear all,
we are working on developing a new tool that allows to predict the skateboard that is better suited to you (width, lenght, concave...) according to your characteristics and the way you skate. This tool is expected to be much more accurate than other estimates and will be available free in the internet. If you want to collaborate just fill this survey.

Survey link: https://s.surveyplanet.com/wPOGapNGZ

Thank you very much for your cooperation

Last edited by skatepro on Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
slob-air
Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Good luck with that. You'll need it me thinks, or is your app only focusing on a single aspect of skateboarding?

Will this app be able to tell someone what the best street board for them will be? What about pool boards? Slalom? Banked Slalom? Skatepark Slalom? Speed-boarding? Ditch boarding? Bank riding? Slide? Freestyle? Streetstyle? Mini-ramp? Vert ramp? Monster ramp? High jump? Barrel jump? Wall ride? That faggy ballet shit that Gesmer did?

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I found that filling in how often I "do slides" the choices were only

Practically every time I skate
hardly ever
never

Where is sometimes? There can't be an option for every other time? That would be more accurate I believe.

So is this to help create your app by finding an average per demographic to better provide a skateboard size to your app users/customers?

Because it seems if you knew all of this information already you certainly wouldn't need an app.

Also, I would make your deck size question more broad instead of in quarter increments, or have an option that covers that and provide the quarter increments as well.

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:46 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2012 Posts: 1095 Location: Western Pennsylvania
That app has been around as long as skateboarding has....the folks we skate with on a regular basis and even those we skate with sometimes. We get all that info from conversations and riding the setup of others.

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:49 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Buddur wrote:
We get all that info from conversations and riding the setup of others.

that.

and Skull & Bones.

DjNedKnowledge
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Yeah but we're dinos. The new generation, gen-z wants to skip all that and but a board from zumiez with an app giving them "the gospel/unarguable" best set up and then watch youtube videos and receive all in one day we had to acquire over the course of several years, piece by piece, before we ever put the ever elusive puzzle together.

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:58 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
I just had a client come by. He stood on 10 different decks—ended up buying my 2 personal riders—it was obvious he was most comfortable on them: PPS Duane Peters 10" Black Motorcycle club and an 11" Emergency Steve Olson.

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:05 am Reply with quote
Personally I don't think any app or tool is going to be able to tell me what feels right to me under my feet. And it's more then just the deck. Trucks, tightness, width, hight. Wheels, big, small, hard, or soft. Even a grip job to some has to be done the right way.

Skateboarding has and always will be about individuality. I don't think an app or tool can do that.

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:36 am Reply with quote
This week I read an interview and I can't even remember who with but in it there's this comment that there's like two skateboardings happening right now

- The IG friendly, Olympics, Mega Ramp, Street League, energy drink type

- And the dirty palms, curb slappies, beers after the session type

And only our type is real!
DjNedKnowledge
Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:45 pm Reply with quote
skatepro wrote:
Dear all,
we are working on developing a new tool that allows to predict the skateboard that is better suited to you (width, lenght, concave...) according to your characteristics and the way you skate. This tool is expected to be much more accurate than other estimates and will be available free in the internet. If you want to collaborate just fill this survey.

Survey link: https://s.surveyplanet.com/wPOGapNGZ

Thank you very much for your cooperation

So...any apps to share?

Page 1 of 1