SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  First skateboard
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

First skateboard

baazinga
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Danno wrote:
My advice is get something decent. Have you heard of Google? I am pretty sure it exists in Denmark (sarcasm again ) I have taken a look at various places in Denmark. There's no way I can say which shop is good or not. Any skaters where you are? Ask them. You said you're 25. I know someone who bought their first board at 42.

Don't buy a complete generally they are lower quality in every way.

If you're looking for a standard street shape deck there are many. I guess import brands are costly in Denmark. They are here.

Look for an 8.25/8.5 x32/33 deck this is a good size for street and some park skating.

Trucks: you can't go wrong with Independent (selection appears limited). You'll need size 144 for an 8.25 or 149 for an 8.5 both sizes should work though.

Wheels: if you're skating street there are so many different sizes and shapes that's up to you. But maybe start with a 56mm. That'll work in parks and for street.

Another shop https://www.route-one.dk/ (they have a sale on) Now it's up to you. They have Independent trucks, a good selection of decks. Take a look at Euro and sale decks to save some cash. If you buy a deck trucks and wheels from them, they throw in bearings, hardware and grip. (maybe not on sale items, but you saved cash to pay for that stuff).

Held og lykke. No, I don't speak Danish. That's Google's online translator. A Danish skater killing it https://youtu.be/-xVjlitbCGw You have some sweet parks over there https://youtu.be/Otb3auK0R6Y

PS Braillehouse is not a great YouTube channel for skating info.

No, i've never heard of Google (ironi). I don't know anyone who skates, and i do not have the intention to go to a skatepark and ask someone random It can also be difficult to know which information is correct and useful. I can read and find litterature in physiology, anatomi and medicine, but skateboarding seems like a little more difficult to find
Danno
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:06 pm Reply with quote
baazinga wrote:

No, i've never heard of Google (irony). I don't know anyone who skates, and i do not have the intention to go to a skatepark and ask someone random It can also be difficult to know which information is correct and useful. I can read and find literature in physiology, anatomy and medicine, but skateboarding seems like a little more difficult to find

OK, well you can take some well intentioned advice from people here who have way more than 25 years experience skating. There is no "correct" set up. Too many variables. Just pick a starting point and you are either happy with first set up you get or you change it as you find what does or doesn't work for you.

Or, you can ask here https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php
They have a Shoes and Gear forum. Hope this helps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Danno
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:21 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Danno
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Agh well I'll type it again since it didn't post.

Try the Set Up forum at Slap. Currently 21,454 posts on many, many Set Ups.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=10804.0

Hope this helps.
Parker
Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:30 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 04 Feb 2014 Posts: 761 Location: Half a beat behind
Danno wrote:
baazinga wrote:

No, i've never heard of Google (irony). I don't know anyone who skates, and i do not have the intention to go to a skatepark and ask someone random It can also be difficult to know which information is correct and useful. I can read and find literature in physiology, anatomy and medicine, but skateboarding seems like a little more difficult to find

OK, well you can take some well intentioned advice from people here who have way more than 25 years experience skating. There is no "correct" set up. Too many variables. Just pick a starting point and you are either happy with first set up you get or you change it as you find what does or doesn't work for you.

Or, you can ask here https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php
They have a Shoes and Gear forum. Hope this helps.

Who doesn’t love a good shoe forum? I’ll be back in a month...
steve-g
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Slap forum is really active! Wonder why when S&B is not. I thought all forums were low footfall these days with smart phone access.
sonicdan
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:29 pm Reply with quote
steve-g wrote:
Slap forum is really active! Wonder why when S&B is not. I thought all forums were low footfall these days with smart phone access.

Much more drama on the slap forum. You can actually "go big" on conspiracy theories, all kinds of rants, unfounded accusations, personal attacks and so on. cheap, but popular.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2