SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VALUE OF A SPECIFIC SKATEBOARD  »  Green/black routed Duane peters
Page 4 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Green/black routed Duane peters

steve-g
Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:14 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I think I can see what everyone thinks is a 'S' but I don't think the bit next to it is a 'H' - It doesn't seem to be in the right position or angle so I think we are seeing is a mark but the suggestion that it's a 'S' is kinda fooling our eyes.

Does it matter? Would it make the deck super rare if it did have it?
slob-air
Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
steve-g wrote:
I think I can see what everyone thinks is a 'S' but I don't think the bit next to it is a 'H' - It doesn't seem to be in the right position or angle so I think we are seeing is a mark but the suggestion that it's a 'S' is kinda fooling our eyes.

Does it matter? Would it make the deck super rare if it did have it?

Not at all. Even if it is one of the "Fakes" that Jeff Kendall warned me about, it still has value. In fact, the Knowledge the story brings could give it a certain cachet making its value more than one might guess of a knock-off. Especially so if you were one of the kids that a had one.

As for the NHS logo (not even sure how and why the troll found that to be an issue to be raised due to its abject irrelevancy to the subject). Oh yah, he's a troll. Doh!

I went back into the first two years of Thrasher and NHS' logo at the time was simply a standard non italicized font that did not appear on any of the products and only at the bottom of ads—I think it was several years later that they created and began using the copyright Santa Cruz-esqu logo that they use today. I have never seen it offered as a sticker—and distribution companies generally don't do that. And I've seen other shots of what I believe to be that deck with no NHS sticker on it. If there were, it would be because DP put it there which I doubt highly—having skated with him a number of times and interviewed him, like many of the old guard, he does not have nice things to say about them.

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Fuck it, nevermind....
charlieee
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:26 am Reply with quote
Joined: 08 Dec 2007 Posts: 1253 Location: Tootgarook.....Australia.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/3429/3ZVG17.jpg

Look......get off your phone.
Put the image on ya 56 inch tv.

They are exzakery da same.

Not the same deck but identical NHS marking....
slob-air
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:44 am Reply with quote
I've had that pic sitting on my hard drive for a very long time—never noticed that.

Green NHS on green. Or is that shadow from an impression—the wood stamped before being screened? Weird.

And it looks like its a concave too. Green/black models were not concave. No concave until the 3rd red/black model. Shapes different too.

My friend Jamie has his old original first DP model and no marking like that on it.

No such marking on my Olson or Bevel either.

I refuse to use my phone for crawling about the interweb—3 x 27 inch monitors

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:53 am Reply with quote
Joined: 08 Dec 2007 Posts: 1253 Location: Tootgarook.....Australia.
slob-air wrote:
I've had that pic sitting on my hard drive for a very long time—never noticed that.

Dude, the pic was from 9th Jan 2020.
Ander10 asked value on it.

White ghosts got found in a bin of discard.

..I Dunno about that story.

I reckon Kendall just took all your OG DP’s for himself and then spun you the yarn about the white base coat primer.

👍🤪😍🤙🏻🤓🤔
slob-air
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:14 am Reply with quote
That image has been on the net a lot longer than that. That's just the last copy/post/whatever.

Thinking about this, since NHS did not have a habit of marking Santa Cruz wood (the Bevel and Olson do not have those markings—and not all Green/Black DPs have it) I think this may have either been done by the guy that stole the disposed order out of the bin or if NHS marked those decks at that point it was to make it easier for shops to differentiate the legitimate DPs from the those stolen after being disposed of.

The guy that made off with the disposed order primed the decks in white.

Kendall is Japan right now but I'll ask him when he gets back.

President/CMO of multi-billion dollar industries do not do that kind of thing.

Jeff never got any of my DPs. He just borrowed one to backwards engineer and create the DP reissues that debuted at the 2015 ASR

Page 4 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4