SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Covid-19 talk, on a personal level
Page 4 of 7    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Covid-19 talk, on a personal level

mosu101
Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:02 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Gary In VA wrote:

After taking the smallpox vaccine, you weren't able to catch smallpox and pass it on to someone else so the comparison isn't the same.

so pleased to hear some one else say that.
type 4 vaccines are some what suspect if you ask me...

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Gary In VA wrote:

After taking the smallpox vaccine, you weren't able to catch smallpox and pass it on to someone else so the comparison isn't the same.

We did not know that at that time. We weren't sure if it would work or turn us into creatures. But we did it because it needed to be done and small pox is eradicated. That could happen with Covid if we get everyone vaccinated before a big bad mutation occurs that is unbeatable.

In the case of smallpox, a more specific method was also available—inoculation. Inoculation with smallpox (variola) involved deliberately exposing oneself to smallpox pus or scabs, via a skin incision or nasal inhalation, with the hope that the resulting disease (expected to last days to weeks) would be milder than naturally-acquired smallpox, and confer protection from future illness from smallpox. Inoculation carried significant risks—death from smallpox and/or spreading smallpox to others—but it was known to be less risky than naturally-acquired smallpox, and had been practiced for centuries in Asia and Africa before it was introduced to Europeans in the early 1700s.8

mosu101 wrote:

type 4 vaccines are some what suspect if you ask me...

Which are Type 4 Vaccines and why do you find them some what suspect? Do you find them all suspect or just Type 4?

mRNA Vaccines
conjugate vaccine
Whole-Pathogen Vaccines
Subunit Vaccines
Recombinant protein Vaccines
Nucleic Acid Vaccines
DNA Plasmid Vaccines
Recombinant Vector Vaccines
Toxoid Vaccines
Polysaccharide Vaccines

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:26 am Reply with quote
The Corona Virus vaccines we currently have are a bit disappointing, but that maybe because they were designed for an earlier variant that was less virulent. Here in the UK, my elderly relatives are being asked to have a third shot only 9 months after their previous shots. In some countries they are onto their fourth shots in a year. Stories of people dying of Corona Virus after being fully vaccinated and it seems you can still spread the disease even when you've had shots. Little wonder young people don't see the point.

That is clearly unsustainable and I think it's a delicate balance to keep the public compliant. We are seeing unrest and riots in lots of counties over these measures. The far right are exploiting this for electoral gain.

In many places people think having had the vaccine makes you immune and they then go back to their old ways, unaware they are probably spreading the virus further.

In low-trust societies uptake can be problematic, for decades leaders have eroded public respect - why should we now trust them? Black populations in Western countries are suspicious and have every right to be given the appalling experiments done on minority populations in the past. Pregnant women, with the folk memory of thalidomide, are extremely cautious.

I liken this to Microsoft Windows - you wouldn't want to be the first person to upgrade to the latest version of Windows. You'd prefer to sit it out for a year so see what it's like. I think many people have that cautious attitude to new technology in medical interventions.
slob-air
Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:22 am Reply with quote
steve-g wrote:
Little wonder young people don't see the point.

My young person sees it quite clearly. And she's pissed that her closest friend and classmate can't get her vaccination for another 6 months when she turns 12.

And I knew if I got covid before getting the vaccine, I'd be dead.

Thing about getting it after you've had the Vaccine is that it's likely to be no worse that the flu—and that has bared out amongst the few friends of mine that got it after being vaccinated.

To these antivaxxers and scardycatvaxxers and the fakeantivaxxers, if Covid19 mutates into something so nasty we can't defeat, its your fault.

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:57 am Reply with quote
Joined: 18 Dec 2003 Posts: 811 Location: College Station, TX
slob-air wrote:
steve-g wrote:

My young person sees it quite clearly. And she's pissed that her closest friend and classmate can't get her vaccination for another 6 months when she turns 12.

Thing about getting it after you've had the Vaccine is that it's likely to be no worse that the flu—and that has bared out amongst the few friends of mine that got it after being vaccinated.

To these antivaxxers and scardycatvaxxers and the fakeantivaxxers, if Covid19 mutates into something so nasty we can't defeat, its your fault.

Slob, I'm not an antivaxxer. Get my flu vaccine every year. My whole family does. Have the pneumonia and shingles vaccine. Kids are fully vaccinated, except for the Covid.

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:16 pm Reply with quote
covid has been the best thing to happen to society as a whole in a while. Prior to it, everyone was running full speed on the hampster wheel... rat race.

then when the wheel broke and everyone fell off in a crash, it caused us to sit within ourselves... assess our direction, priorities. get creative or fall into a rut, choice was up to the individual. everyone was affected differently.

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Gary In VA wrote:
slob-air wrote:
steve-g wrote:

Slob, I'm not an antivaxxer. Get my flu vaccine every year. My whole family does. Have the pneumonia and shingles vaccine. Kids are fully vaccinated, except for the Covid.

Good! Now take all of them to get the covid vaccination before one you dies.

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Feb 2014 Posts: 761 Location: Half a beat behind
DILLINGERxCAPE wrote:
covid has been the best thing to happen to society as a whole in a while. Prior to it, everyone was running full speed on the hampster wheel... rat race.

then when the wheel broke and everyone fell off in a crash, it caused us to sit within ourselves... assess our direction, priorities. get creative or fall into a rut, choice was up to the individual. everyone was affected differently.

Totally agree. That has been my experience, a lot of time for refection and reassessment of priorities. Guess I've been one of the lucky ones, despite being n a high risk category.

I know some have struggled, and a few have done it really tough, falling threw the safety net cracks.
Gary In VA
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 18 Dec 2003 Posts: 811 Location: College Station, TX
slob-air wrote:
Gary In VA wrote:
slob-air wrote:
steve-g wrote:

Good! Now take all of them to get the covid vaccination before one you dies.

Not going to happen. Statistical % for my kids age range are miniscule. Plus my son has a heart condition that we don't need to chance myocarditis and pericarditis from the vaccine.

I'll agree to disagree with you on all this.

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Gary In VA wrote:

Not going to happen. Statistical % for my kids age range are miniscule. Plus my son has a heart condition that we don't need to chance myocarditis and pericarditis from the vaccine..

Isn't just the one vaccine that can have that issue in children with heart issues?

Page 4 of 7    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next