SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Covid-19 talk, on a personal level
Page 5 of 7    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Covid-19 talk, on a personal level

Gary In VA
Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:49 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 18 Dec 2003 Posts: 811 Location: College Station, TX
slob-air wrote:
Gary In VA wrote:

Not going to happen. Statistical % for my kids age range are miniscule. Plus my son has a heart condition that we don't need to chance myocarditis and pericarditis from the vaccine..

Isn't just the one vaccine that can have that issue in children with heart issues?

Actually two of them are causing problems right now. My son has already had Covid (very minor symptoms) with no lasting effects.

This is what concerns me. https://torontosun.com/news/provincial/over-100-ontario-youth-have-been-sent-to-hospital-for-vaccine-related-heart-problems

And this. https://www.wsj.com/articles/researchers-probe-link-between-covid-19-vaccines-and-myocarditis-11636290002

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
That doesn't even make sense. Was he tested for Covid?

Here's the thing, if he gets delta he likely won't make it and he may infect the rest of the family as well—not sure how everyone else is doing but this thing kills if you haven't been vaccinated.

Yes, you can get a mutated version if you're vaccinated but so far the vaccine seems to knock even those down to something in the area of a mild flue.

The odds are extrememly low regarding the myocarditis and pericarditis.

I watched two doctors last night (on was the White House docctor I think) and they explained that not only are the odds of getting myocarditis and pericarditis extremely low, that even those with preexisting heart issues are better off taking the risk of getting myocarditis and pericarditis than getting the Delta version of Covid, which is now dominating the US, or the next horrrible mutation.

I understand you don't want to take that chance with your one kid, but why aren't you, your wife and other kids getting your Covid vaccines? By doing so would help protect your son with the heart issue.

I just lost another close friend a couple days ago. This time to cancer. Dude made a huge an impression on me in my early teens and I've been a fan and friend ever since. It hurt so bad to find out I lost him.

I don't want to lose anymore friends. I don't want to lose any of you S&B members who despite what your politics may be are considered by me to be friends if not family on some level.

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Slob, I do appreciate your concern, I really do.

All 4 of us had Covid in August 2021. Was probably the Delta variation as it was going pretty strong at that time. My family picked it up in California most likely.

We were all tested and all tested positive. My son had symptoms that were basically like a mild cold. Daughter was like a regular cold. Wife was sick, and I was the sickest. None of us has had any lingering side effects.

If I do die of Covid, you can come to my gravesite and yell at me. Make sure you say something about me being a Tracker truck user in your rant.

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Gary In VA wrote:
...me being a Tracker truck user...

Thoughts and prayers
acpears
Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Hey guys,

I'm newer to the forum and haven't really posted outside the wanted section. I'm a 90s kid trying to catch up on deck collecting now that I have the income.

Am I missing something or don't understand correctly? I can get covid with and without the vaccine. I can spread covid with or without the vaccine. I can die from covid with or without the vaccine.

Skateboard collecting has been the main way I've coped during these times. Thank you for hoarding and sharing.
slob-air
Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:36 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
acpears wrote:
I can die from covid with or without the vaccine.

Very, very unlikely. It would require you to have a sever pre-existing medical issue for that to happen. A very minuet percentage of those who get the vaccine could have the after effect of myocarditis and pericarditis which doctors know how to treat. Apparently that is connected to just 2 of the Vaccines—and as I said its like .5% in a million. However, if you get the Delta variant without the vaccine, good chance you're dead.

There are a lot of people that think they had Covid and survived it without the vaccine. Almost none of them had a test to see if it was Covid, and for those that did, it may have been a false positive as Covid is a coronavirus which belongs to a family of viruses that are both near harmless and deadly.

I have a long time friend that is a Para-medic who didn't get get the vaccine because she is waiting for a dna vaccine (she doesn't trust mra vaccines) and believes she got Covid and because of her being very healthy with a hot body that she beat it. That's unlikely and foolish. She probably had the flu. She's a great fuck, but she is dumb as hell. Part of what the corona virus does is set off elements of your bodies own defenses that can make things worse. For example, Covid can cause a respiratory infection in your lungs and your body reacts: as the infection travels through your respiratory tract, your immune system fights back. Your lungs and airways swell and become inflamed. This can start in one part of your lung and spread to the entirety of both—making it difficult to breath and lowering your oxygen level to critical levels. With healthy people this reaction by the body can be severe and worse than someone who is not in great shape.
And that's when they they have to put you on respirators and ventilators to keep you breathing and alive—unless it gets so bad they can't defeat it and that has happened a lot.

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Slob, no need for me to get the vaccine after reading this. I got the Regeneron infusion when I tested positive 3 times for Covid.

https://investor.regeneron.com/news-releases/news-release-details/new-phase-3-analyses-show-single-dose-regen-covr-casirivimab-and

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:08 am Reply with quote
5 unvaccinated family members of mine got covid.
youngest was 5, oldest was 84 in a nursing home... on oxygen cause his lungs are shot from smoking his whole life.

We thought for sure that was the nail in the coffin for grandpa when covid swept through his nursing home.

nope.
tough as shit he made it right on through it like it was nothing.
hard to believe.

All 5 family members made it through no big deal.

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:01 pm Reply with quote
acpears wrote:
Hey guys,

Am I missing something or don't understand correctly? I can get covid with and without the vaccine. I can spread covid with or without the vaccine. I can die from covid with or without the vaccine.

Yes, you are missing something. You can be injured by or die from the vaccine only if you get the vaccine.
mosu101
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:31 am Reply with quote
found these article amazing and interesting,

Although it doesnt help my Sisters Partner Khiet (RIP)

There appears to be people more susceptible to Corona
as well as some with a natural heightened immunity due to their T cell ability.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/20...ars-ago/100226362

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/202...ion-from-covid-19

Page 5 of 7    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next