SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Vacation 2020
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Vacation 2020

Buddur
Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2012 Posts: 1095 Location: Western Pennsylvania
Took my 2 kids on our annual vacation the last week of August. The plan was a scenic train ride and some white water rafting in WV, bunch of caves in VA, and ending at the beach in MD. Tent camping till we got to the beach then beachfront hotel room.

It's been so dry there was no white water rafting, so on Sat and Sunday we did the diesel Potomac Eagle and steam Durbin Rocket in WV. Mon and Tues consisted of Grand, Endless, Shenandoah, Luray and Skyline caverns. Headed to Ocean City, MD on Wed and left for home Sat afternoon.

Some highlights are when my youngest boy blew chunks inside then outside the window when I was driving a road with no place to pull over. A guide at Endless Caverns is from my area and knows a bunch of people I do. Caught a crayfish in a campground stream to show my kids. Saw a bald eagle on Rt 50 heading to OCMD. Stopped at a beer store and my kid wanted me to get Voodoo Ranger beer cause it had skeletons on it...a six was $9.99 but I grabbed a 12-pack that had 4 different of their IPAs...the scanner didn't have a price so the guy gave it to me for $8.71. Saw a guy I used to live across the street from and partied with. And also saw an old school longboard skater from wayback a staple of OCMD skating and art scene Mark Emond. My oldest boy loved the ocean and waves and all, whereas my youngest loved bobbing with his life vest on till he went to get out of the water and a wave pummeled him dragging him up then back down the beachface. A friend of mine was vacationing and leaving Thurs morning and with me arriving Wed night we for sure got together and drank a bunch of beers on the beach that night. Was a Jeep event at the convention center so there were Jeeps everywhere. I threw down extra cash for an oceanfront room since this is the first time my kids were ever at the beach, cause of memories and all. Got up and watched the sun come up over the ocean. Visited the Ocean Bowl but didn't skate, Garrett the guy running the place was cool to talk to. Rode our bikes on the boardwalk down to the inlet and back every morning. Thrashers french fries are still as kick ass as I remember.

Last edited by Buddur on Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:33 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 04 Feb 2014 Posts: 761 Location: Half a beat behind
Oh man. The perfect trip! 👍🏽
oldschool2
Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:06 pm Reply with quote
sounds like a great time!!
NickPal
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:33 am Reply with quote
Nice information. Keep it up!!! I would say that you have nice info about the vacation

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:44 am Reply with quote
Hi, I am Nick from Australia. According to me, you have great information about travel and vacation. Thanks.....

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:20 am Reply with quote
And another thing....there were sooooo many bootleg Thrasher Mag iron ons, t-shirts, shorts, covid masks, etc in boardwalk stores in OCMD.

Not one item had an official Thrasher Mag tag on all the ones I looked at.

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:34 am Reply with quote
Hi, I am Andrew from Australia. I am glad to join here and I am looking forward to this group. Nice information by you and I appreciate you.

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:19 pm Reply with quote
A lot of first time posters are hyped on your trip, bro!

Glad to hear you got out. I'm too fucking paranoid to go anywhere (including around her).

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:28 am Reply with quote
zeno01 wrote:

Seems like those first time posters are bots or spammers. Three of them, so far. Been wondering why so many hit up my thread exclusively. Must be nice information

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:10 am Reply with quote
Joined: 08 Dec 2007 Posts: 1253 Location: Tootgarook.....Australia.
Buddur wrote:
zeno01 wrote:

Seems like those first time posters are bots or spammers. Three of them, so far. Been wondering why so many hit up my thread exclusively. Must be nice information

It’s my fault.🤪 I’m Australian.......China got our details.

I like you and respect you and hold you in high regard as your information is nice to me.🤓

Seriously..........I’m being attacked Also.

FriendPal6 texted my iPhone!!

I still have a home phone that has my name and address in the phone book........ but how do those bot bots know my name on my mobile phone?

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next