SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  Wallride art extension test 10/21/23
Page 1 of 1    

Wallride art extension test 10/21/23

Backround05
Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:12 am Reply with quote
I've built a wood extension for the 2 foot concrete quarter pipe at my local park. It is essentially a 4 by 8 sheet of plywood painted white as a vert extension. The result, after it is disassembled from the frame, will be wallride art suitable for hanging.

Come out tomorrow or tell your local homies. I'll start setting up around 7 am and it should stay up into the early evening as long as we don't encounter any structural issues or Karens.

FREE STICKERS for the wall slashers.

Dayton Skatepark, Aurora, Colorado, 80010

Pics coming.
Backround05
Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:32 pm Reply with quote
This went down successfully.

I was hoping to cut the piece down to a square after the event but the composition looks better at 66 inches, cut down from 96 inches.

Hoping to find the time to make a custom frame before I post photos, from the spot, cut down, and framed.
slob-air
Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Sounds cool! Love to see some pics.

Way back in the day they built a 4ft high extension on the bowl at the bottom of the snake run at Seylyn in north Vancouver just before the Nationals. I was stoked!

Hit the fucker at full speed and cranked out one of the biggest frontside airs I'd ever done—unfortunately I landed beyond the 8 ft wide extension complete with steel coping and caught the noping on the bowl on my way in. Slam-o-rama! Enourmous air though. Worth it.

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:32 pm Reply with quote
What a cool initiative! Turning a temporary skatepark extension into wallride art is such a creative idea. It not only adds a vibrant visual element to the park but also allows for community engagement and expression. I am looking forward to seeing the pics and witnessing the transformation from skate ramp to artwork. Buckshot Roulette
jamessmith
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:38 am Reply with quote
Long ago, right before the Nationals, at Seylyn in north Vancouver, they constructed a 4-foot-tall addition on the bowl at the base of the snake run. I was thrilled! penalty shooters 2
williamfischer
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Long ago, at Seylyn in north Vancouver, shortly before the Nationals, they built an extension on the bowl at the bottom of the snake run that stood four feet tall. I was ecstatic!
pico park

Page 1 of 1