SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  anybody ride the burton fish or a swallowtail?
Page 1 of 1    

anybody ride the burton fish or a swallowtail?

Christian
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:50 pm Reply with quote
like em? hate em? i'm looking to get one when i move out to snowbird next season.
LLpeteJ
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:54 pm Reply with quote
a winterstick swallow tail once for half a day in the pow,,i dont see any purpose what so ever for them,,my advice would be to buy a high quality split board with some skins,,and a peeps ,,thats where stealing the pow runs is at,,its funny i hope what has happend to skateboarding with the old school resurestion thing (thanks to the dogtown movie)never happens in snowboarding
maybe the will come out with a movie ( the legend of the sims boys,neontown) all these kooks will be riding these old school boards with 3 strap bindings and skags instead of edges,,i actully know of a pack of guys like that and they only ride OLD boards and they hang around the ski area and smoke pot and pick on skiers and they are like 45-50 years old riding boards from the mid 80's, wtf end of rant

[ This Message was edited by: LLpeteJ on 2004-03-29 22:54 ]
70sSkater
Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:01 am Reply with quote
LLpeteJ, I finally gave up on my 3 strap Burton bindings with comp boots and traded up to the Burton step-in (with the retro Burton graphics, of course). But I am still riding an early 90s Asym Air and just bought an even older one off of ebay because it was so cheap. But, you're right. There is no way I would go back and ride the Burton Cruzer I started on or the old Performer Elite sitting in my basement with the skegs. They were just not very functional boards.

Page 1 of 1