SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  TATTOOS  »  Suggestions
Page 1 of 1    

Suggestions

dancinwithdeath
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:59 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I've yet to take any ink. I've always wanted them and loved / appreciated others. After all, were all hear because of art in one form or another. I think it's mainly because I dont know what I would want to stay with me the rest of my life. Also, I have woke up and felt completely different about something that I did the day before. And I don't think I would ever pick something off a wall that someone else already had. I know that my first peice I want to have something that tributes to my grandpa that I was really close to. He past away about 5 years ago. I always try to draw something because I use to draw pretty rad in highschool, but now seems like I draw like my hand if broke. Also, I've wanted a tat of a certain leatherstrip cd for about 10 years, so I think that is safe.

My main question is how do you know what to go with? How do you decide. If I had a disposable income I would probably search out some of my favorite artists, tell them what's on my mind and see what images they come up with.

Please respond back

[ This Message was edited by: dancinwithdeath on 2004-04-05 06:01 ]
The Green Monkey
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:42 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
If you're not certain, don't do it.

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:40 am Reply with quote
the sad fact is that most peoples first tattoo is not a great one, i hold my hands up to that!
(still, it might have helped if my first was not on my belly, having a baby a few years later certainly didnt help it any)

its a big decision to permanently alter your body, lots of people make that decision, then hesitate at the last hurdle and get something really tiny that looks a bit crap!

where to start? ask around, if you see someone when your out who has work you like, ask then who did it...... look at the artists photo portfolios for the kind of stuff they do and the quality of their work.

the shop i go to has a lot of artists working there (8 at present) the owner has a worldwide reputation and the artists cover a diverse range of styles...... i go in with an idea and the receptionists suggest who would be the tattooer to take my idea and run with it. listen to the artists reccomendations for your piece, if they say it will look better bigger, or in a slightly different place, listen. placement is in my very humble opinion, extremely important.

hang around the shop a bit, talk to the staff, is it clan and well decorated? tattooing is about attention to detail, a good shop will be well presented.

just ask around, a lot, see if Seth can suggest anyone near you

BTW i'm not a tattooer, i'm just curating a gallery of artwork on my body

Page 1 of 1