SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  SANTA CRUZ SNOWBOARDS
Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

SANTA CRUZ SNOWBOARDS

skullandbones
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 9:41 pm Reply with quote
do these SC boards have real good flex?? i like flexy boards. my last board was a jeremyjones Forum 157. i liked it. let me know Ron
jibaridge
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 10:06 pm Reply with quote
by real good flex what do you mean? bend right over when you lean on the nose? lol! nah, they have good flex, more on the stiff side then floppy side. Say for instance, doing a 180 on the nose, it flexes but it doesnt fold, hard to explain you keep all your power instead of the board sucking it up. The best thing I've noticed is the quality of the construction (no burton crap here) every little piece of it is clean, I couldnt find a flaw (more than I can say for my girl's joyride) and joyride makes sweet
boards, the base is made out of rocket ship stuff, I dunno what it is but damn it FLYS. The step-cap is pretty cool as well, dunno how to explain it, you'll have to try it for yourself, definetly a good thing, like half cap half sidewall construction. Anyways, you'll have to check it out yourself and make your own decision, like I said I've always ridden lib's and I'll never go back.
skullandbones
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 1:31 pm Reply with quote
hey i will tell you the boards i have road in the last five years. i hade a "ride" kx550-boardercross board-very cheap money wise--i progressed alot.i liked it but didnt know any better.

then i got a FATBOB 158--i am a big person but figured out i dont need a wide ass board for my 13 size boots. i never liked it.

now i have a forum jeremy jones 157--this board is perfect for me. i ride it really well. doing manuals/wheelies on this forum is easy compared to my other decks. it is stiff enough to handle high speeds too. i like it. last year i hit a rock hauling ass and put a little gashed (1/2 long by 1/8 inch) in the edge of the board. im afraid it wont do great in flats so im selling it.

i wondered if i should get another Forum
or try another. the SC graphics sounds cool.

hey henrik i looked at the SC site for the old school designs and only seen the screaming hand.

later Ron
fallen99angel
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 5:36 pm Reply with quote
*S&B FOUNDER* Joined: 16 Sep 2001 Posts: 631 Location: Denmark
Ron Ill get the catalog and do a scan of the boards, you will shit in your pants
Henrik
FALLEN99ANGEL
jibaridge
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 8:10 pm Reply with quote
I checked them out, they are not the same type of construction, no step cap, the B-series, I am talking about the promodels/x/d/tbx series, those all have the same construction, I've never seen a scs with regular cap, so I dont know what I'm talking about. Its too bad they stuck those graphics on the worst constructed model, if they would have thrown them on the tbx or something like that it'd be the next best thing since sliced bread. Still cool as h#ll though, graphics are badass.
fallen99angel
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 6:42 pm Reply with quote
for someone like me that lives pretty far away from mountains, I can definately settle for less than a top pro model for 500 - 700$, I snowboard 1 - 3 weeks a season and a few weekends, so blowing alot of dole on top of the line would be stupid, for all ya other guys living close to the spots, I understand you wanna get the good shit. I would anytime pick a SC board over FORUM. Forum being owned by a huge multi million$$ company, does not make sense to me, they have a wicked team, true, cool products, but the owners behind it, dont give a shit(owned by a german company. so Ill go for SANTA CRUZ anytime if I had to choose between these 2 companies. Since most of the swedes are kicking the shit out of most US pros, I suggest to check out ATLANTIS snowboards, done by Soderquist, those guys are wicked.
Did anyone like the H-STREET snowboards back then?? I loved them, would enjoy to get my hands on the M & M model again
Henrik
FALLEN99ANGEL
jibaridge
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I was just stating.. It doesnt make sense, they put the lame graphics on the badass boards, and they put the killer grapics on the cheaper board, dooOOHHhh! I'm sure its still nicer than most companies still, checked out burton crap latley? I could make better quality boards in my basement. (well, mabe not, but damn close) You wouldnt catch me dead on a forum, yeah they have a killer team thats pushing the limits, but that doesnt mean jack squat to me, I just want a nice board that performs, and that not 3 out of 5 people at the local resort are riding. Take for instance lib-tech, for years nobody rode them cuz nobody heard of them but they were still the shit, now everybody is riding them and it sucks, they still make nice stuff but damn. Forum/crapita/burton, ya'll suck! lol! I've never seen so much hype in my life.
skullandbones
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 7:45 pm Reply with quote
THIS IS RON

yeah i know Forum is trendy. i just liked the lightness and the flex. yeah i need a new board, so im up for info on other companies. is OPTION a good company??

we ought to make a list of snowboard/ skateboard co. that are not owned by riders. i had no idea who owned Forum. did you know that "Planet Earth" is owned by K2 snowboard co?? i sure there are some who know alot more about the industry?? spit it out if you know anything??

fallen99angel
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 8:02 pm Reply with quote
The guy that I work with is an old rat in the game regarding skateboarding - surfing - snowboarding, he knows all the insider info, he basicly told me about FORUM. I would prefer to pick a small brand of snowboards, the same goes with skateboards, just like CONSOLIDATED, these guys are cool, great decks as well.As far as I know, I believe that ELEMENT are now owned by BILLABONG I think, mainly for the clothing line.
Ahh bindings??! I like the DRAKE F50, not their top pro line, but these bindings are killer for regular guys like me.
LIMITED did some cool snowbards as well
Henrik
FALLEN99ANGEL
jibaridge
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Ride owns 5150 and liquid, K2 now owns morrow (that sucks), I think lamar owns fusion, lib-teck/gnu/and another (cant remember the name, but its a new company) are owned by mervin, I know there are a bunch more but I cant recall, if I remember some I'll post 'em.

Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next