SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Blanks for new Co.
Page 3 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Blanks for new Co.

slob-air
Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Factory 13 seriously rules.
xTHE SKATE EDGEx
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:54 am Reply with quote
Select? Do you mean Vision? NO NO NO! Weak wood! Don't support the Dorf-man. I'm wondering how they got Duane Peters to do a pro shoe with them. Is it just that it's the only company left that he hasn't been ripped off by? I'm kidding, but serious.
I remember when Toy Machine first came out, before the Tum Yeto consolidation, you could write to Ed for a Toy Machine zine that had a huge expose on Brad Dorfman and his dirty dealings bootlegging TV boards. Does anyone remember this? I wish I had my copy, I'd scan it and post it.

Yes, Factory 13 is great. Going to order my next board from there.

[ This Message was edited by: xTHE SKATE EDGEx on 2002-12-03 10:56 ]
Neuman
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Looks like I'm in the same boat now too. We need a new source of decks for a small company. Not interested in War Effort, Eastbilt, or Select, so any other suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Any pre-1998 Jason Adams deck
Any James Kelch deck
Any Blue or Stereo stuff. Preferably Jason Lee.
diplomat
Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:51 am Reply with quote
Hey guys,

check out http://www.skatepaige.com
he's got great decks including uncut blanks and does printing as well. Been doing business with them for a while.
livi-skater
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 5:57 am Reply with quote
i bought 10 decks from http://www.skatepeige.com and they were the worst I ever had.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
frontsideslappy
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:12 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 05 Jan 2002 Posts: 5027 Location: East coast now....gypsy..
Hey guys,Allpb seriously has good wood,I have ridden the stuff and never have a complaint,its either Black Label or their wood, nothing else!Check them out seriously!And stay away from that Select poop!
boarderline
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:44 pm Reply with quote
hey, i know... we have tried most west coast companies. you have to ask yourself if you want to be a low priced shop board or do you take this shit seriously.do you want repeat business?. we tried madrid, but the cuts were irregular. not consistant at all. pop was okay. we tried media, had a really bad batch of wood but they wouldn't take them back. they are overburdened trying to keep their own models rolling and can't put much time into other stuff. tried supernaut. don't use them anymore. it got really ugly..long story. schmitt doesn't have time to do anyone else.
go to watson lam. so far a class act. on the ball all the way, but count on about a $5K investment . boards are reasonably priced. they can screen too.
or there is the transfer graphic process now too.
but Oh My God Do not use select wood. shuvit/vision wood sucks!!!!!!!
not because of any hidden agenda or politics, the wood is shitty. and watch out for that chinese wood. screw china. support US Woodshops.
mayhemdave
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:32 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I am also looking for blanks and some one
to do screen printing for me.I am in orange
county california. any sugestions would be
much apreciated
LongBoardRider
Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:41 pm Reply with quote
As stated in other posts:

I buy from Woodchuck Laminates.
I have two or three kids that skate all the samples I get from manufacturers. I have tried almost all of the above mentioned decks and could only get the kids to agree on Woodchuck. It just seems like companies cant put great service and great wood together in a package. My buddy has ordered shop decks through the same guy I get my stuff from at Woodchuck and they were smokin. Heat transfer graphs on great wood. He has ordered three runs of 200 and they always deliver on time. What more does a shop owner want, quality on time!
I get all of my blanks through them as well. No minimums on in stocks, and they have a boat load of shapes and sizes.
If interested give me a private message and I will forward my reps contact info. The dude will straight away take care of you.

Later SK8'r
knockman1
Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:02 pm Reply with quote
PRIME WOOD
Making skateboards for 30 years

www.primeskateboardsusa.com Still working on the site, but you'll get the idea and more contact info.

We have opened our wood shop for smaller runs. We have an almost unlimited number of shapes and sizes to pick from. While the smaller decks have been our cash cow - old school shapes have gotten us where we are today.

Made in Hawthorne, CA
100% Hard Rock North American Maple
Stiff Glue
Control Plus and Monster Mold Concaves....

Email or Call me if you have any questions... David

Page 3 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next