SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKARFING MATERIAL  »  burritos are the perfect food
Page 4 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

burritos are the perfect food

dushoni
Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:34 am Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Jul 2004 Posts: 2224 Location: The Foot Of DavO's Bed
Lance:
I worked in the First Bank in the theatre parking lot.
theshralpster
Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:49 am Reply with quote
Lucy's in santa monica. not the cleanest eating establishment. but no white people eat there. if youre ever there, get the chile colorado. it is like mexican stew in a burrtio. it is way good.

Also, not quite mexican but still a burrito is the pastrami burrito from OKi Dog in LA. that thing is the size of my thigh and it had some heft to it. There is a race to the bathroom when you get home tho.
XSKATECONTROLX
Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:41 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Dec 2003 Posts: 929 Location: ...from the east coast, to the west coast...
slob-air wrote:
San Diego has the best Burrito joints I've ever fueled up at. The kind of place where you have to say, "uh, yah, amigo, hold the calf's brain, will yah?"

dude!!!!!!!!

pokes! pokes ! POKES!! on 10th is so rad! killer cheap eats, and the last time i was there ed templeton came in and sat at the table next to my wife and i!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
zodiac13
Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:00 am Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2002 Posts: 4822 Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Gordo in Berkeley is so rad. Grilled chicken with black beans. Mmmmmmmmmm.

"You want hot sauce senor?"
"Fuck yes I do."

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:18 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
XSKATECONTROLX - Cool!

I found my new favourite taco place. Not sure if it was in Downey, California or nearby... but I hit with Brad from Team Goon/PRS, Rockin' Ron and punk legends Ch-3 (who led us there)... whoa... awesome eats. Some of the best Mexican food I've ever had. Wanted to go back the next morning for breakfast. So killer!!

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Dec 2003 Posts: 929 Location: ...from the east coast, to the west coast...
that's rad slob!

that's the best thing about cali (well, aside from the climate), i always manage to find some random mom n pop burrito joint that ends up being the new "best burrito i've ever had".....

i gotta get out there permanently! i dont know how many more below freezing nights with baja fresh being the only mexican restaurant around for miles i can take....

balls
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Geezer-X
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Yeah,

I had a bigass Carne Asada burrito in the mission someplace years ago when I was in The Meatmen. The guys from The Fuckboyz took us there before a gig and I can still remember every bite.

More or less anywhere in California you can find a tiny dump w/ awesome food.

If you're in NYC, try Fresco Tortilla. They're all over, but I'm partial to one on like 9th ave in the 40s, and one on like 3rd Ave @ 89th.

Filthy dumpy shacks where you get a tortilla made that second filled with beef, chorizo, carne asada, guacamole, whatever. They're like $1.25.

Near DC, in Bethesda MD I'm truly fortunate to have Chela's. It's carry out real mexican. Literally 3 x 6 feet inside, but there's a couple picnic tables outside.

Mmmmmmm. Chela's.

And while I know I'm gonna get kicked for saying this, a Chipotle Barbacoa burrito, black beans, extra rice, green tomatillo and regular salsa, sourcream, cheese, and lettuce...

Is a delicious 2-1/2 lb. dinner for under six bucks.

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:09 pm Reply with quote
I know it's a chain, but I like Willy's Burritos.. Better than goddamn Moe's any day of the week.

And as tasty as it is for fast food. I am on a Chipotle ban.. They are a McDonald's corporation..

Anyway. I'm off to sit alone in my principles.
slob-air
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Thanks for rekindling the thread, modskin -- now I'm jonesing! I may have to change dinner plans and make it chicken and beef enchilada night!

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:42 pm Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:
Thanks for rekindling the thread, modskin -- now I'm jonesing! I may have to change dinner plans and make it chicken and beef enchilada night!

Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to dominate a Willy's veggie burrito on the way home from work.

Page 4 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next