SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  Hustler truck width?
Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Hustler truck width?

MileHighSkates
Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:11 am Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Apr 2004 Posts: 2708 Location: Boulder County, CO
Wedged front truck. Fat side facing the middle of the board.

Randals are turny as hell, but on a board that size, there's too much "oversteer" from the rear truck IME. Also, if you're gonna skate Randals, PLEASE upgrade the stock kingpins to grade-8 bolts.

Better still, run Seismics -- quick/45-deg front and stable/30-deg rear. Sublime.

I ran all kinds of wheels; Shitbirds, Bowl Bombers, Spitfires, Gravity, you name it. Different wheels for different conditions (no one wheel does it all).
WEDGE
Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 14 Dec 2001 Posts: 2176 Location: Hebron , Connecticut
I loosen the front and tighten the rear Randall. Not for everyone but when I get on a deck with Indys, etc. on them it sterrs like a barge.
Stubbs
Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:17 pm Reply with quote
CRASSofSF wrote:
hustler isnt really a longboard..

For as long as I can remember, any board over 36" has always been considered a longboard. Now, the Hustler does ride like a shorter board and I can see why you would say that, Sir Crass. Nevertheless, it is in the LB category.
LanceM
Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:10 pm Reply with quote
I went from a Red Kross Hosoi Full to a Duane Peters Full because the wheelbase on the Hosoi felt a little confining at 15". I loved the concave of the Hosoi and figured I'd stick to Red Kross for that reason. The DP has a 16" wheelbase and it felt much better. It got me thinking that I could go even bigger, and everyone seems to use the Hustler as the bigger performance oriented deck which all others are measured by. At 6'2" 210lbs, the Hustler could be just what the Dr. ordered. Whether you call it a longboard or a popsicle stick, who cares? I just thought that this was the closest category in the forum. Anyway, thanks for all the input, maybe I'll end up with Seismics if I'm feeling a bit high on the hog.

LM
Stubbs
Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:31 pm Reply with quote
If you loved late 80's era styled boards, you're going to love your Hustler. That was my favorite era of board shapes without a doubt. When you see boards that have a shorter nose than tail, you know you have something fairly unique in today's board market.

And look for some new graphics for the Hustler in a few months.
Rich215
Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:52 am Reply with quote
I love how people say....this isnt a long board....ok I guess its a typical popsicle short board. To some people....a long board is any board that dosnt have a tail kick...nose kick...and you cant ride it in a pool .......it has to be something you can only bomb hills on....geesh. Who cares what catogory someone puts anyboard in....just frickin skate it yo!
LanceM
Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Got my Hustler in the mail yesterday and set it up with wedged Tracker 184's and Powell G-Bones. Perfect width truck to fill the wheelwells. I'm itching to get to the park, but have to refrain do to a pulled hammy. I sidewalk surfed it just to get a feel and could really feel the wedges going to work for me. It's going to be a true concrete surfing machine.
Sixman
Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Just got my Hustler from Mark @ Milehighskates and it is awesome! Tracker 184's came mounted and ready to roll!

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:05 pm Reply with quote

You guys make me proud! Gonna go cry now.....sniff, sniff.....

Last edited by Stubbs on Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Sep 2003 Posts: 2954 Location: pedro point, nor cal
I've got a practically brand new set of Tracker sixtracks sitting here for any of you that want to make a Stubbs set up. I converted them to the aftermarket kingpins but then i borrowed the kingpins for some indies so we'll have to either buy you another set of kingpins or put back in the originals, which I still have of course. Your choice of blue or red bushings of indeterminate durometers (blue are softer i think).

Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next