SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VIDEO & IMAGES  »  Dislocated shoulder
Page 1 of 1    

Dislocated shoulder

rigmort
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:32 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I come out to Cali about twice a year and always go surfing every day (best cure ever for a hangover).

I was in San Diego this weekend and rented a board and got about a half hour in before I tore my left arm out of its socket. I do have to say, I kind of liked my doctor's style -- he tricked me. "I'm just going to take a look. Now relax your shoulder and let me see... CRUNCH!" This has happened two times in the past to my other shoulder, but they've always put me under before setting it. Now that I know how to do it, I'm doing it myself next time.

This shot was in the cab to the hospital.

The girl who helped me out of the water and unstrapped my board lost her top in the process, so it wasn't all bad!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
El Gato
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:40 pm Reply with quote
rigmort wrote:
The girl who helped me out of the water and unstrapped my board lost her top in the process, so it wasn't all bad!

And where are those photos?

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:05 pm Reply with quote
It's actually pretty easy to put your shoulder back in yourself. Usually a good fist pump will do it. Just work that fucker around 'til it's back in. Going to hospital = long wait, expensive, nerves. Do it yourself = fast, and at the liquor store in no time.
rigmort
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:16 pm Reply with quote
I've heard of using a barbell or other weight if nobody else is around. This one really hurt because it was out of socket for almost 2 hours...

Like I said, next time I'm doing it myself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rigmort
Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:42 am Reply with quote

Page 1 of 1