SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  BLUE bus Skateboards - Looking for Distribution Partners
Page 1 of 4    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

BLUE bus Skateboards - Looking for Distribution Partners

BLUE bus
Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:30 pm Reply with quote
We started BLUE bus out of Kansas City (please no Toto, Dorothy, or Wizard of Oz jokes we've already heard them all) a year ago. We've saturated the KC market and are looking for some legit distribution partners to help spread the BLUE bus cause. We've got two pros out of KC and 4 AMS (2 from KC, 1 from Santa Barbara, 1 from Boston). Our decks are pressed by Generator and our wheels are poured by Elasko. Check out our website bluebusskateboards.com and please contact us if your interested.
ThrashCan
Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Im not tryin to pick a fight or anything I just have a question....

Your site says your boards are "pressed within their native maple wood climate" but I thought Generator presses in Mexico......? They still have good wood no doubt my friend uses them.

Nice site and good luck...Id team up with you but my co. is pretty small and underground.
BLUE bus
Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:45 pm Reply with quote
We're currently in a deck supplier transition and our web site has yet to be updated. The first of our decks from Generator is the "I Love KC deck" pictured on the front of our site. Generator decks are manufactured in Vista CA. Generator sits about a block away from Bareback Manufacturing in Vista. Our first series of decks were pressed by Woodchuck Laminates. Woodchuck is based out of Canada. So the verbage "pressed within their native maple wood climate" applies to our first series of Woodchuck pressed decks. We're currently working on a new FLASH infested site that will contain the correct verbage.
oasis
Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:47 am Reply with quote
Me and about 5 other companies started a distro about a year ago. It was supposed to be a co-op kind of thing where everyone did their share to get it going, but it ended upi falling through because some of the guys wanted a free ride.

I would be totally willing to try to get it going again with some campanies that are FUCKING serious and aren't going to puss-out when the going gets tough.

We have a private forum set up and some of the logistics figured out. There are still a lot of kinks that need work, but it's a foundation.

The dist was/is called Garage Distribution with the idea that we basically all run our coompanies out of our garages and its not associated with a factories and impersonal assholes. The companies involved were:
Oasis Skateboards
Shiznit Skateboards
Squadron Clothing

and some other guys that bailed. The afformentioned people would probably still love to be involved if you want to try and help us get it going again. Let me know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ThrashCan
Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:02 am Reply with quote
Hey Oasis...remeber me...I wasnt cool enough for the club back then but Id be willing to join in if you guys dont mind.
skinny
Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:10 pm Reply with quote
If you pm me and tell me some specifics I might be interested. Are you able to handle high traffic accounts yet? I need to dist at least 150-200 units a month with stickers and clothing sales on top of that. Thanks.
oasis
Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Skinny, what is your company called? Website?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
oasis
Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:00 pm Reply with quote
ThrashCan wrote:
Hey Oasis...remeber me...I wasnt cool enough for the club back then but Id be willing to join in if you guys dont mind.

I don't know if you wern't cool enough- we just had enough companies to work with, and you came late.
slob-air
Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
BBS changed their name to Generator. They have factories both in Vista and Mexico. And my bro is going to kick the lilly ass of their newest salesman in the near future.
skinny
Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:20 am Reply with quote
Oasis Sierra Nevada Skateboards, www.sierranevadaskateboards.com it does not have anything about the oem program though. We can disscuss that later.

Page 1 of 4    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next