SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  WANNA' TRADE?  »  Did anyone record "SK8" on NBC?
Page 10 of 11    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Did anyone record "SK8" on NBC?

vaskateboards
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:47 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
joebruiser wrote:
best thread ever

absolutely
brewharriah
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Oct 2008 Posts: 14880 Location: fuckmylife, warshington
necrothreadfuckah!

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:23 pm Reply with quote
OMG...I needed a good laugh!

Carlton walks into an unruly biker bar...... < classic SnB

WANTED: POWELL PERALTA PIGS -USED-

[email protected]
willymaze20five
Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:44 pm Reply with quote
I finally Recorded an Episode of "SK8 " on NBC

http://willymaze20five.webs.com/
brewharriah
Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Oct 2008 Posts: 14880 Location: fuckmylife, warshington
didya get the commercials too?!

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Feb 2003 Posts: 10327 Location: Raytown Travel Agency
Lumpster wrote:
Hello there, skateboarders! This is your old friend David L. Lumpkins (username: qweiop) returning back to the skateboarding forums for the first time since March of 2005. I am posting this message in order to officially announce to everyone that as of Wednesday, April 19th, 2006, I finally have all 13 episodes of the former Saturday morning NBC blockbuster hit television series “SK8” on a VHS tape! I got the episodes from Matthew Colechester, who is an 18-year-old skateboarder himself. He also loved the show and recorded the show from the United Kingdom’s Trouble channel. Three weeks after Matthew started recording “SK8”, he e-mailed me and asked me if I wanted a copy of the show on tape. Naturally, I said ‘yes’ and the rest was history! I am so excited and thrilled to finally get the opportunity to see the amazingly awesome kickflips that are associated with the inspiring storylines concerning Josh Raden and his skateboarding crew of friends in this extremely dynamic television classic.

Of course, the long road to getting all 13 episodes of “SK8” wasn’t easy, as I had to travel 7,000 miles from my home city of Boston, Massachusetts in the United States to the city of Manchester, located in the United Kingdom. Even more challenging was the fact that I do not have access to a car, but it really didn’t matter because I had to go across the Atlantic Ocean to get to Matthew’s home city.

Relying on pollution-free public transportation, I started my long journey in getting the “SK8” episodes on Tuesday, April 18th, 2006 by using the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) transit system. At 10:16 a.m., I arrived at the Downtown Crossing Station stop, located in the heart of Downtown Boston’s financial district. I walked underground to the Red Line subway platform and waited for an outbound train to begin my trip. Nine minutes later at 10:25 a.m., I boarded an outbound Red Line subway train headed for Braintree Station. The subway ride on the Red Line took 31 minutes, and I arrived at Braintree Station at 10:56 a.m. At Braintree Station, I transferred from the Red Line to the MBTA’s commuter rail train system. I arrived at Braintree Station’s commuter rail platform by 11:00 a.m. sharp. Ten minutes later at 11:10 a.m., I boarded outbound commuter rail train #063, headed for Plymouth Station in the town of Plymouth, Massachusetts. The trip from Braintree to Plymouth took 38 minutes, and the commuter rail train arrived in Plymouth Station on-time at 11:48 a.m.

Up to this point, I had traveled 35 miles south of Boston. After taking 7 minutes to pack up my luggage and prepare for departure, I departed Plymouth Station at 11:55 a.m. From Plymouth, Massachusetts, I started walking westbound and took a 15-mile walk to the Tedeschi Food Shops convenience store in Bridgewater, Massachusetts. The walk took 3 hours and 52 minutes, going through the towns of Kingston, Plympton, and Halifax along the way via State Routes 3A, 106, and 104. I arrived at Tedeschi Food Shops in Bridgewater at 3:47 p.m.

Once I arrived at the Tedeschi Food Shops convenience store in Bridgewater, I waited for a taxicab that I had made a reservation for earlier in the day. Eight minutes after I arrived at the convenience store, my taxicab arrived at my designated location. I hopped inside the taxicab, which would take me to the Bloom Bus Terminal in Taunton, Massachusetts. The taxicab ride took 28 minutes, departing the Tedeschi Food Shops convenience store in Bridgewater at 3:55 p.m. and arriving in Taunton’s Bloom Bus Terminal at 4:23 p.m.

After I arrived at the Bloom Bus Terminal in Taunton, I waited 12 minutes for my next ride, which was on the Greater Attleboro-Taunton Regional Authority (GATRA) bus system. Sure enough by the twelfth minute after I arrived at the bus terminal, I was boarding on GATRA bus route #18 headed for the Attleboro commuter rail train station in Attleboro, Massachusetts. The bus ride took 35 minutes, departing from the Bloom Bus Terminal in Taunton on-time at 4:35 p.m. and arrived at the Attleboro commuter rail train station by 5:10 p.m.

Once I got off GATRA bus #18 in Attleboro, Massachusetts, I walked to the outbound platform at the MBTA’s Attleboro commuter rail station. Fourteen minutes later at 5:24 p.m., I boarded outbound commuter rail train #815 which was headed for Providence Station in the city of Providence, Rhode Island. The commuter rail train ride took 18 minutes, arriving in Providence Station on-time at 5:42 p.m. After getting off the MBTA commuter rail train in Providence, I immediately noticed that I was on Track #3. Therefore, I had to take the escalators up to the main lobby and switch tracks to Track #1. Doing this was necessary to make the critical connection for Amtrak Acela Express train #2175, which boarded all passengers only on Track #1. Amtrak Acela Express train #2175 came into Providence Station exactly 13 minutes after my arrival. The train’s final destination was Union Station in Washington, D.C., with an important intermediate stop at Pennsylvania Station in New York City, New York, which is where I was planning to get off at. I boarded the train in the First Class section, which offers comfortable seating and world-class service from Amtrak conductors. Amtrak Acela Express train #2175 departed Providence Station on-time at 5:55 p.m., and arrived at Pennsylvania Station in New York City, New York on-time at 8:50 p.m.

Once I got off the Amtrak train at Pennsylvania Station in New York City, I walked through the main concourse and waited for the “A” subway train on New York City’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority transit system. I arrived at the subway platform at Pennsylvania Station by 8:57 p.m. Four minutes later at 9:01 p.m., I boarded an “A” train that was headed for Far Rockaway Station. My intended destination was at the Howard Beach/JFK Airport station stop. The subway ride took 42 minutes, and I got off at Howard Beach/JFK Airport Station by 9:43 p.m. After I got off the subway train, I walked past the turnstiles to the platform to wait for an AirTrain shuttle connection that would bring me convenient access to the John Fitzgerald Kennedy International Airport. The AirTrain showed up to my location 17 minutes after I arrived at Howard Beach Station. The AirTrain shuttle departed Howard Beach Station at exactly 10:00 p.m. sharp, and arrived inside of Terminal #8 at the JFK International Airport 16 minutes later at 10:16 p.m.

I got off of the AirTrain shuttle and took the escalator inside Terminal #8 to check-in for my flight. The check-in only took 5 minutes. At 10:21 p.m., I left the check-in counter to proceed to the security checkpoint. Since there was hardly anyone in line, I was able to get through the security checkpoint in just 3 minutes. I went through the metal detectors flawlessly and departed from the security gate at 10:24 p.m. After going up another escalator, I arrived at Gate #9C three minutes later at 10:27 p.m. This was the gate where my upcoming flight would be departing from. Once I got to Gate #9C, I took a seat in the waiting area until the scheduled boarding call for American Airlines Flight #116 to Heathrow International Airport in the city of London, United Kingdom. The on-flight boarding began at 11:10 p.m., and the flight departed Gate #9C exactly on-time at 11:35 p.m. EST. After the plane scrolled along four different runways, the captain gave the pilot the green signal for takeoff. Fifteen minutes later at 11:50 p.m., my American Airlines flight soared up into the sky and I realized at this point just how close I was getting to receiving the long-awaited videotape with the thirteen incredible episodes of “SK8” on them!

American Airlines Flight #116 was an overnight flight, so this means that my flight would arrive in London on the morning of Wednesday, April 19th, 2006. The plane started to prepare for landing at approximately 9:50 a.m. Greenwich Time (Greenwich Time is the time in London, which is five hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time). The plane touched down at London’s Heathrow International Airport at 11:12 a.m. Greenwich Time, arriving at the airport 13 minutes ahead of the plane’s scheduled 11:25 a.m. arrival time. Nine minutes after touching down, the pilot was able to find a gate for passengers to deplane at 11:21 a.m. Greenwich Time. I got off the plane at 11:28 a.m. I went to the foreign exchange currency window to convert U.S. dollars into U.K. pounds. This process took 13 minutes, and I left the foreign currency window at 11:41 a.m. to claim my baggage. Dying to get those “SK8” episodes, I waited anxiously for 38 minutes before I saw my luggage come onto the carousel. I officially picked up my luggage at 12:19 p.m. and walked to the ground transportation section of Heathrow International Airport.

After I arrived at the ground transportation level of Heathrow International Airport, I waited patiently for a double-decker coach bus that would take me to the wonderful city of Manchester in the United Kingdom. In just 25 minutes, the coach bus arrived at the airport terminal. I boarded the red-colored double-decker coach bus at 12:44 p.m. The bus ride from Heathrow International Airport to the Manchester Bus Terminal was a long one, lasting a total of 1 hour and 12 minutes and covering 55 miles. But it was all worth it, because the bottom line was that I was 99.6% of the way closer to getting the tapes of “SK8”.

I got off the double-decker coach bus inside the busy Manchester Bus Terminal at 1:56 p.m. At this point, the only thing that I had left to do was to walk from the bus terminal to Matthew Colechester’s house. His house was only 3 quarters of a mile from the Manchester Bus Terminal. I took the 11-minute walk down Bridge Street and arrived at Matthew’s house at exactly 2:07 p.m. Greenwich Time. Matthew saw me instantly when I arrived at his house. He opened up the front door and gave me videotapes of the most compelling skateboarding drama in the history of worldwide television – “SK8”!

If you think that I am lying about exactly how I traveled from Boston, Massachusetts to Manchester, United Kingdom, including the exact times of train, bus, and airplane arrivals and departures, check out the links below.

Click here to find train #063 when I went from Braintree to Plymouth:
http://www.mbta.com/traveling_t/sche....&x=20&y=7

To see if GATRA bus #18 really leaves from Taunton’s Bloom Bus Terminal at 4:35 p.m. and arrives at the Attleboro train station by 5:08 p.m., do the following:

1. Go to http://www.gatra.org.
2. On the left side menu, click on “Greater Attleboro Taunton Bus Routes and Maps.”
3. Look for the route saying “#18 Attleboro/Norton/Taunton.”
4. Click on the word “Outbound” for that specific route.
5. Read the schedule under the word “Weekdays.” It’s the last bus trip of the day.

Click here to find train #815 when I went from Attleboro to Providence:
http://www.mbta.com/traveling_t/sche....&x=68&y=4

To see if I was really on the Amtrak Acela Express train #2175 (which leaves Providence Station at 5:55 p.m. and arrives at Pennsylvania Station in New York City, New York at 8:50 p.m.), do the following:

1. Go to http://www.amtrak.com.
2. Under “Fare Finder,” type in “PVD” (without the quotation marks) under the word “Departs.” Type in “NYP” (again without the quotations) under the word “Arrives.” Click on the arrow drop-down button under the word “Time” next to the line where you typed in “PVD.” Scroll down the times and click on 5 p.m. Then click on “Next.”
3. Look at the time and train chart. Acela Express train #2175 should be the second train listed down from the top.

To see if I was really on an overnight flight from New York City’s JFK International Airport to London’s Heathrow International Airport, just click on this link. You will also see Flight #105, which was my return flight back to New York City from London.

https://www.aa.com/apps/reservations...HU1EMQBFFVGVMD

See skateboarders, everything that I said is not a fake. It is FOR REAL! The moment that Matthew Colechester put the videotape with the “SK8” episodes in my hands, it was arguably one of the most proudest moments of my entire life. I felt honored and rewarded to finally get the opportunity to watch one of the most epic skateboarding dramas in television history.

The fight for the episodes of NBC’s “SK8” started when I posted a request for the show on an ICQ forum back on Wednesday, December 10th, 2003. Since then, I’ve posted “SK8” thread-requests on a total of 2,271 different forums, and despite going through the trials and tribulations of the ups and downs for getting a hard-to-find product that’s not in the video commercial market, along with taking massive criticism from a number of nasty, deliberant, and ignorant trash-talking skateboarders from such online sites like Slap Magazine (http://www.slapmagazine.com), Skull and Bones Skateboards (http://www.skullandbonesskateboards.com), Critical Thrash (http://www.criticalthrash.com), Concrete Disciples (http://www.concretedisciples.com), Skateboard Music (http://www.skateboardmusic.com), Wakeskating (http://www.wakeskating.com), DLXSF (http://www.dlxsf.com), 50-50 Forums (http://www.50-50.com), and Skateboard City (http://www.skateboard-city.com), I was able to fight through it all because I had the determination, the motivation, the courage, the energy, the drive, the passion, the perseverance, the will power, and the guts to get exactly what I was destined to get in the very beginning of my quest for receiving episodes of “SK8”. This is exactly what happens when you fight hard for what you believe in – you get positive results. I hope that everyone on this site is happy for me, now that I finally have the entire series of “SK8” in my possession.

In closing, I just want to wrap things up by saying:

Nothing’s wrong …
Just as long as you know that someday I will …
Someday, somehow, I’m going to get those “SK8” episodes …
I know you’re all wondering …
You’re the only skaters who know that …
Someday, somehow, I’m going to get those “SK8” episodes …
I know you’re all wondering …

Thank you for taking the time to read this exciting article.

- David L. Lumpkins
vaskateboards
Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Best thread ever

zeno01
Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote

You may go to YouTube to view the video by clicking below...
YouTube Video

Epic.

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Second billing behind SLAP?

We are obviously not "deliberant" enough!
Sticks
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:44 pm Reply with quote
1) Why not fly from Boston direct to London?

2) Why not visit Morrissey's childhood home while in Manchester?

Page 10 of 11    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next