SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Washington DC / Alexandria area folks?
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Washington DC / Alexandria area folks?

Spliv41
Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Hey, I'm going to be heading out that way later this week, and I wanted to know if there are any great skateshops around there that I should hit up? Any recommendations/suggestions from anyone? Thanks!

PEACE
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:07 pm Reply with quote
no good skateshops (they all got bought out by this poser wakeboard shop called asylum). Some killer parks though! what days are you coming in? Arlington park is about 10-15 minutes from alexandria and RIPS. Cool street/bank section and an AWESOME bowl with pool coping and steel coping. free before 3 on weekdays except wednesday where it is bikes after 12 or something. 6 bucks after 3. 30 minutes from VANS park which has nearly everything you need, like 2 bowls (including a nice kidney) and a vert ramp. but i like arlington better cause of the lower cost and it is less slippery. about an hour away is frederick park which is also crete and has two bowls, a mini and a clover and a fun street section. Then about 1.5 hours away is lansdowne, a park from the 70s that was recently redone. then there are also some crappy prefab shits scattered. if you skate with ME then i can show you some killer ditches as well. what days are ytou gonna be here?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Spliv41
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for all the great info, letsgo. I'll be there this coming Thurs, Fri, and Sat., mostly for a friend's wedding. My wife will be with me also, so I'm not sure how much "free" time I'll have to go skating. But Arlington park sounds really convenient, so maybe I can get there?! Too bad about the shops though... wakeboarding? Who does that?

PEACE
vaskateboards
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:37 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
The skate shops in this area realy suck big time.
let us know when and where you gonna skate.

cheers
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:33 pm Reply with quote
i think on saturday we are doing an early 8-11 or so session in arlington and then going to st. marys park for the rest of the day. it is a sick park and worth ditching the girl for. TRUST ME!
arlington- http://www.eastcoastaholic.com/arlingtonpage.htm
st. marys- http://www.concretedisciples.com/cd_s...marys/stmarys.php
oh yeah, wednesday is OLD SCHOOL night at vans. good place to go to as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
DTinVA
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Is every Wednesday old school or just this Wednesday? I may be up that way next Wed and may head over to Van's Wed night.
vaskateboards
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:09 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
every Wednesday the 8-10 PM session
it's fun.

see ya there
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:11 pm Reply with quote
ill prolly be there this wednesday!!!
knucklehead
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Every Wed night the old pool/vert dogs come out. I use to go every Wed, but my wife started to work Wed nights.

I will be returning from NYC to DC via Amtrak Friday at 4pm. I need to head up to the 9:30 club and pick up some tickets, then I will head out to Arlington. Should be at the park by 6pm. Hope to see some of you guys.

I will be wearing a matte green helmet with a Vans and Old Man Clan sticker on the front and skating a Jay Smith Skaterbuilt.

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:13 pm Reply with quote
How the hell are you getting from alrington to vans in 30 min?

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next