SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  Anyone use a trampoline?
Page 1 of 1    

Anyone use a trampoline?

Skarecrow
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 10:49 am Reply with quote
I was thinking of taping my edges and working on a tramp to get comfortable in the air. Anybody try this before?
jibaridge
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 11:57 am Reply with quote
Hell yeah! Its pretty cool, there was a snowboard shop here that use to throw a big tramp party every year, 5-7 trampolines, bands, etc.. Kick ass, do it up. Brushie showed up at one of the tramp fests and got shown up big time by some of the locals, it was kind of funny. Just make sure you tape them up good.
Skarecrow
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 11:24 am Reply with quote
Thanks. I was thinking of buying a piece of shit old snowboard off eBay for this purpose only. I don't want to risk screwing up my new ride.
jibaridge
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Yeah the duct-tape will make a mess after a while, expessically if you peel it off. Skateboards (deck only) on the trampoline is pretty fun as well, less tiring then the snowboard, we use to have a skateboard with shitty snowboard bindings on it, that was cool too..
skullandbones
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2001 1:05 am Reply with quote
ever been on a trampoline that is buried in the ground?? i have with pads around the edge of trampoline. you can go off and tweak stuff so good. you fell safer than above ground.

Ron
Skarecrow
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2001 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I am having a hard time finding a trampoline. I may have to go to a gymnastics center or something. I'm too afraid to approach the rednecks with the trampolines and/or above ground pools in their back yards.
Dolemite
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 8:50 am Reply with quote
Joined: 20 Oct 2001 Posts: 103 Location: Massachusetts (USA)
Skarecrow,
I don't know if you have a Sam's club out near you but you can find 'em relatively cheap there. Just be careful, if you have homeowners insurance (or plan on getting it) you can actually be denied or have the insurance revoked in some states for actually having a trampoline on your property. It can be a huge liabilty factor.

Then again, maybe Taxachusetts is just the exception (yet again).
Skarecrow
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 9:14 am Reply with quote
I don't really want one in my yard, as it is sort of in the same redneck range as above-ground pools. I did call around town, however, and found a gymnastics center that has a big trampoline with a harness so you can work with a spotter. $25 a lesson isn't so bad with the spotter - the guy says he has several wakeboarders and inline skaters come in to work on stuff. I'm heading over there next week and will report back.
Conscience
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2001 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Sep 2001 Posts: 1239 Location: Brew City, Wiscompton
Yeah full, I used an old pig skate deck and put some shitty snowboard bindings on it. Sooo much fun. Carefull, your confidence level on rotations etc. will kill you after you've been doing it for a bit when you take it to the hill.

Page 1 of 1