SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Louisville KY park.
Page 1 of 4    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Louisville KY park.

kypride
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 17 Aug 2004 Posts: 456 Location: Louisville, Kentucky.
I went and skated it for the first time this morning. I was the only person there which was good. I had never skated any type of concrete transition so it was a learning experience to say the least. I had put in new bushings and tightened up my truck recently, I've only been skating for a month after 10 years off, and th balance isn't what it use to be. I will have to loosen them and deal with it, trying to learn to carve with tight trucks didn't work so well, but I went through the smaller snake run a few times. Skated the street section for a little while trying to ollie a fairly chill hip and just not motivated enough to make myself land it. I spent a good amount of time in the small bowl at the top of the big snake run. Was doing some 50-50 grinds, short but doing them,and some rock and roll's. I couldn't do those very consistent when I quit so was stoked about that. I went into the next largest section of the run and just pumped back and fourth in that part for a while. I didn't venture into the full pipe, or bigger sections due to puddles. Overall it was a good time. If anyone comes to skate the park here let me know and I'll meet up with you.
dj

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Definitely a sick park.. I went up there a few months ago with a couple friends and we had a good time.. Also check out the huge banks on the river.. They're sometimes a bust, but we skated them for about an hour.
SantaCruzSkater
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:27 am Reply with quote
Never skated that park but like you I had a long break and never skated concrete transition. But started out learning kickturn and made a committment to loosen my trucks just a little everytime I went out and try carving after a while. Well it worked! I ride my trucks very loose now and can do grinds, carving , airs out of the bowl and a few other things.

Takes time to learn transition for sure, I have been skating since May 04 after a 14 year vacation

Five Points Skateboards
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
louisville's park is great. One of the best around. We hit it up about 3-4 times a year when it's warm. Keep practicing. You'll get it. You're going to love the big section when you get comfortable with it!

Enjoy!

kypride
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:07 pm Reply with quote
I had fun the other day for sure. Concrete is just way faster than wood transitions, but it's coming back for sure. I'll be hitting it up this week again. Get in touch when coming down to skate.
dj

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:35 am Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
You don't know how often it crosses my mind that I should just hop in the car and head to Louisville. It's only 3 hours and change...

Having that place to yourself when you're just getting used to it is a definite help in terms of getting over the sheer intimidation factor, although when I'm the only person at a park, I inevitably wonder how long I'd sit in the bottom of the bowl if I really fucked myself up.

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:23 pm Reply with quote
That's a good point, I stayed out of that area, mainly cause of water, but also, I'm not ready for that just yet. Let me know if you come down, and I'll try to meet up with you. I'm off every thurs, fri, and sat. I'll hopefully get to go all three days this weekend if the weather doesn't hate.
dj

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
I'll definitely give a holler if I ever decide to pull an impromptu road trip...

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:36 am Reply with quote
The Green Monkey wrote:
I'll definitely give a holler if I ever decide to pull an impromptu road trip...

We should make a little trip with the IL crew down there for a session sometime.

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:41 am Reply with quote
The Green Monkey wrote:
You don't know how often it crosses my mind that I should just hop in the car and head to Louisville. It's only 3 hours and change...

yeah maybe id join you guys, its only 9 hours and change from dc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Page 1 of 4    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next