SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Louisville KY park.
Page 4 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Louisville KY park.

ShackleMeNot
Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:30 am Reply with quote
The Green Monkey wrote:
Every time I've been there I'm in the vast minority of people wearing any protective gear at all, and I'm usually there with most of the others...

If your sole concern is getting a ticket for not wearing a helmet, don't sweat it. If you're also hoping to keep your brains on the inside of your head, then I'd go ahead and pick one up. My bucket has saved my melon more than once there.

I'm getting closer and closer to needing full body armor everytime I skate. I don't care anymore if people give me shit for wearing pads, it's gonna hurt me less when i slam than someone unpadded.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:37 pm Reply with quote
i'd rather be fully padded personally. i didnt have a problem wearing pads when i was younger and i dont see why i shouldnt wear them now. as much as i screwed up my body, wearing pads at the parks probably saved me from doing more harm to myself. it was the street skating that killed me. imagine coming off a concrete ramp and banging your knee on the flat bottom WITHOUT a pad and then with a pad. this park is also known for producing broken bones, or rather its known for being frequented by people with a death wish.

i still might skate with just a helmet but it wont be very much and it wont be close to balls the wall skating i might do WITH pads. at the least i could get a feel for the park and how everything rides, never rode on trasitions made of concrete or anything resembling a pool.

kypride
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:33 am Reply with quote
Joined: 17 Aug 2004 Posts: 456 Location: Louisville, Kentucky.
The shit is fast, it's still real weird for me. I went there today, must have been 150 kids there, didn't even skate any of the park. I just skated on the area around the park, nice and smooth. Just didn't want to deal with all the groms. Maybe an early session tomorrow.

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:57 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
They also have a nice looking concrete park in Florence
JEC_31
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I never had a helmet in the old days, and rang my bell once in a pool. Had a teal scab on my earlobe for a while.

Now I love my helmet. I lost it on a slippery mini-ramp and landed full flat on my back, WHAM the back of my helmet nailed the ramp so hard and loud that everybody in the park looked over. I knew right then I was conscious because of a $50 + some sweat investment.

Page 4 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4