SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKATEBOARD ART  »  Advice on painting a deck
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Advice on painting a deck

Homer80
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:21 am Reply with quote
alvadude7 wrote:
What exactly is gesso please and where can I find it . Looked for frisket and can't seem to find it at Michael's. I guess art stores would be another place to look? Any help is appreciated. thanks.

Instead of Micheals try A.C. Moore the gesso will be in the fine art area with the paints ( Acrylic, Oil and watercolor etc.) the Film will be in the airbrush section they sell Badger brand. If you don't have an A.C. Moore in your area try Dick Blicks online or any other art supply. If you covering old graphics gesso might be the better way to go because it's very opaque.

In a country full of Neanderthals? I wear it as a fucking badge of honor!"

Rainbow Randolph Death to Smoochie
SantaCruzSkater
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:35 am Reply with quote
awesome thanks for all the tips., keep them coming.

I haven't started the deck because I have to work all weekend but I will definately show the end results when finished.

alvadude7
Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:44 am Reply with quote
Instead of Micheals try A.C. Moore the gesso will be in the fine art area with the paints ( Acrylic, Oil and watercolor etc.) the Film will be in the airbrush section they sell Badger brand. If you don't have an A.C. Moore in your area try Dick Blicks online or any other art supply. If you covering old graphics gesso might be the better way to go because it's very opaque.[/quote]

Thanks to all for suggestions and info. Walmart is here in Canada and so is A.C. Moore(pretty sure). Really helpful!Thanks santacruzskater for letting me jump in on your thread and ask the questions.
SantaCruzSkater
Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:45 am Reply with quote
alvadude7 wrote:
Instead of Micheals try A.C. Moore the gesso will be in the fine art area with the paints ( Acrylic, Oil and watercolor etc.) the Film will be in the airbrush section they sell Badger brand. If you don't have an A.C. Moore in your area try Dick Blicks online or any other art supply. If you covering old graphics gesso might be the better way to go because it's very opaque.

Thanks to all for suggestions and info. Walmart is here in Canada and so is A.C. Moore(pretty sure). Really helpful!Thanks santacruzskater for letting me jump in on your thread and ask the questions.

Hey no problem man.... I think there should be a thread with a lot of tips and faqs on the subject.

modskin
Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah.. Also when apllying gesso... Use a SPONGE brush.. Don't use a regular bristled brush.. It leaves bristle lines in the gesso.. Also there's the problem of bristles coming out and getting stuck in the paint..

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2