SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  Starting out
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Starting out

donald20
Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:39 pm Reply with quote
@slob:please be so kind to make this forum accessible by members only.i want to share my stuff only with the s&b guys.
this way we'll keep it a little bit exclusive,ok?
slob-air
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:37 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
It is, members only.

You can send the pics via regular e-mail (not webmail) to [email protected]
donald20
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:30 pm Reply with quote
thanks slob...
as an explanation to my plead for this i will try to explain something,my thoughts on this subject:
basically it's cool to show anybody here on the forum,how something works,especially when all the guys show such a tremendous interest in what i'm saying regarding this thread.i actually enjoy helping all the guys here on this forum,makes me happy.
the other side is that this whole process is actually pretty much kept as a secret or whatever.
when i went to abc 2 years ago i had the rare oportunity to stand next to the guys printing the boards.i was there for 10 minutes and i saw all i needed to know.i have to mention that i already had some basic experience with printing(t-shirts and back in the days also very small graphics in the middle of a board).
it took me about half a year from then on to figure out the exact frame and the exact printing technique .but i was successful in the end.that's how i got things started.two years later i have a skater owned company with 5 of the best german skaters in my team,i evolved from an independent label to a major brand in germany.i din't earn a dime on it yet,but i am more than happy and very proud to have come that far.also,i do a lot of other labels(this is the money that keeps my team flowing).

what do i want to say with all this bla,bla?

a lot of people in the industry are afraid to share their secrets,because the "experienced" could be a threat to em somehow-i also understand their fears,but....
there's not that many around that could threaten a company,but there's alot of guys around like me who buy tons of decks from them.
so you could say that i have become an asset to the industry with my knowledge.
same could happen to anybody else here on this forum-so it's good to share...
pope
Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Any Pics?
waxux
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Keeping secrets as it turns out is standard practice in skateboard manufacturing Ha Ha.
I had a terrible time tracking down info on starting up my own OEM operation. I wasn't asking for better deals or the most privleged info just a name of a veneer supplier. I am very happy to read your info on printing and I hope to be able to provide similar help in the area of deck building.
Great post thanks for believing that people should help each other. Mike
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:58 pm Reply with quote
http://greatlakesveneer.com/

Waxux, this place sells Veneers for Skateboards if you don't know about them....
waxux
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:12 pm Reply with quote
CH3NO2JAY thanks for the help I wish I would have learned about this forum long ago it would have saved me alot of aggravation. I managed to get some answers to my inquries about 2 months ago and things have progressed nicely I hope to be pressing my own prototypes by Jan or Feb. thx agian tho

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2