SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  phase 1 shopping and stealing
Page 1 of 1    

phase 1 shopping and stealing

donald20
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:08 pm Reply with quote
first of all some stealing:the table-it should either be from your mom's kitchen,from school,from your office.the table should have an approx.size of 35x60.

the shopping spree at builder's emporium:
5 roof slats 1,5x1,5 lenght 60 inches per piece.
2 hatches,same as on my pic.
you should have some woodscrews at hand,plus an electric screwdriver.

when you apply the roof slats to the table,do it as follows:
connect two pieces at a time and fasten em to the table as you can see in my pics.just like rails on a skateboard.distance between the rails should be 29 inches.the fifth roof slat is used as a border at the front where you are standing-again,refer to the pics
the fifth piece is important for your frame
later on-it prevents movement to the front,whereas the hatches will be connected to the frame in the rear section.so you can lift it up after having printed your first color.

the other thing you need is 2 mounting posts for your board to sit on,since it can't float on air.
my first posts were made of wooden riser pads.i took four screws plus locknut and
fastened em to the riser pads.i riser pad had to screws at one end each.
try to fasten the lock nuts so much that they sink into the wood.the rest of the screw
should not be longer than the thickness of a deck.what you want to avoid is that the screwheads are too long-or else they would destroy the mesh in your frame.try to get more pieces of wood and put em aside you will need them later on to reach the exact height the board needs for printing.

next will be the wood for your frame and the mesh you'll need.
so attention everybody:e-mails for the frame-template including your complete
address should go to:[email protected]

thnaks for checking the first part with me-
any questions-ask !!!!!
Smakutus
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 10 Dec 2001 Posts: 2932 Location: Meechigan.. Collect and Destroy!
Ok.. Stupid question time.

What is a roof slat?

What are two hatches?

Thanks,
Jeff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
donald20
Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:05 am Reply with quote
jeff...errr sorry
i meant hinges
and a roof slat-ask babelfish,that's what i get out of it for the wood that is used for the rails on the table.
check the pics for the rails and hopefully you will know what i want you to buy.
i won't have such big problems in explaining in the next steps.i'll cover most of the part with pics,maybe even some short videos-heard that slob has enough bandwith for that....heh
slob-air
Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Yup, Slob's got bandwidth and server space. I'm actually thinking on renting server space on one of my and my partners ultra-fast scuzzy servers... say 50mbs with a Gig or so of transfer per month for a year for $100 -+ DNS if you want a domain name.

Page 1 of 1